Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 media menu not working
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
In PD11 there was a separate drop-down menu where you chose the type of media you wanted to see. In PD15, I see that's been replaced with icons for each media type. I click one - it shuffles the thumbnails around, but doesn't do any filtering. After asking for video, I still have images and audio mixed in. I click another icon - same thing - click a 3rd or 4th time, and finally the media type I want is displayed.

Is this among the known issues with this update - which of which there seem to be many?

RB
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RB -

That feature's a bit counter-intuitive, I agree. I've got used to it now.

The video, image & audio icons at the top of the Media Library are either highlighted blue or greyed. If the video icon is blue, the videos are shown. If not, they're hidden.

So, it's actually a way of hiding particular media types rather than isolating & showing them separately. I think it works the way it was intended... just that most users would think "Ah! If I click on the video icon, I'll just see the videos."

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Ah ha! Got it - Of course, it does indeed work as intended, just not as expected - Thanks, Tony!

RB

Quote Hi RB -

That feature's a bit counter-intuitive, I agree. I've got used to it now.

The video, image & audio icons at the top of the Media Library are either highlighted blue or greyed. If the video icon is blue, the videos are shown. If not, they're hidden.

So, it's actually a way of hiding particular media types rather than isolating & showing them separately. I think it works the way it was intended... just that most users would think "Ah! If I click on the video icon, I'll just see the videos."

Cheers - Tony