Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom in Effect Question?
LeftPuzzlePiece [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2016 22:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to have the Zoom In effect zoom in on a specific area of the video? It seems like it zooms in to the center of the screen by default. I was wondering if you could "aim" it at a certain area instead. I appreciate any help i can get!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The effect "Magnifier" may suite your needs better.

Jeff
LeftPuzzlePiece [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2016 22:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
purpose wise this is what im looking for. but i was also hoping for the gradual zooming in feature the "zoom in" effect has. is it possible to have it gradually magnify in as well? (appreciate the help so far)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, just use the "Keyframe" button and set keyframes as desired adjusting the "Magnify Rate" setting.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Jeff LeftPuzzlePiece -

I've used the Magnifier effect in many tutorials as an alternative to "zooming in"... & I've never ever thought to keyframe it embarassed

I just gave it a go & Jeff's suggestion of keyframing "magnify rate" works well, except that it does seem to step through rather than transition smoothly. I decided to test the keyframing of a few other parameters too. Some worked well - others not very well at all.

LeftPiecePuzzle - the Magnifier effect itself can't be faded in, but the rate can, as Jeff has pointed out.

These poor bees landed at ground level when a big tree came down here recently...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MrJoshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 21:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I am borrowing this thread instead of making a new, because action camera is driving me nuts i have never been able to get the desire slow motion zoom effect, not in 14 and not in 15

The outcome is always the same PD15 crashes

ill explain: i set the timeshift and then resets timer as shown in tutoriel, so far so good the slider moves backwards so im good NOPE i play clip and instead of playing clip slow it speeds it up, why is this so complicated, and why has Cyberlink not make just done this

-100-------0--------+100 i do not think i need to explain my meaning but ill do it just in case move the slider towards -100 to slow down

will work like this -100------X----0----------+100 X marks the spot i have chosen, -50 speed this could be like when you zoom with mouse button same pricipal, or you could have made the timer work like say my clip is 5 sec i set timer to 15 sec.

So PD15 will then calculate slow motion effect, but no matter what i do it always speeds up instead of down.

If i am able to somehow get the slow speed, i move on to freeze frame, i mark the spot and since i want to use the zoom i select my clip i set time to 15 sec meaning that how long i want the zoom to take, and produce a slow zoom on my spot BUT no it does the oposit speeds up, so my zoom i want to take 15 sec happens faster then i can blink.

Know i have been lucky 3 times to get it all right i click ok HELLO DESKTOP crash.

Now i do not consider myself stupid infact i have a IQ above normal i have 30 years experience with PC's and i have never encounted a software problem i was not able to resolve.

I understand English perfect, most books i read are English, i have read Darwins' "THE ORIGINS OF SPECIES" some light reading 1000 pages with words i hope i never have to hear again What a boring book the first 700 pages, then it gets good.

But i understood every word in the book.

I understand and speak German i understand Norwegian Swedish Dutch Some French and spanish, But the language i use everyday for up to 10 hours is English, i comment in several forums, and write threads, "i know my Spelling has much to desire" but my understanding of English is perfect, often i do not realise what language i am hearing because i do not need to translate the words in my head.

I understand the words as my own, i am Danish.

I fix most PC problems, Phone Bluray and so on in my Town,

So i consider my understanding of how software works exellent, so why is your software making me look like an IDIOT, i have followed the video to the letter, and what i saw on video, was what my PD15 also did but the outcome was not the same.

Action Center was the reason i bought first PD14 then PD15, but right now i feel like i was told to bend over and you took my money and showed a Greenwood Tree up where the sun never shines.

I can live with the crashes but the fact, your software is making me look like a fool with an IQ of 49 and not 110 is pissing me off.

So could some nice person please explain how i get timeshift to slow down and freeze frame and Zoom to slow down.

I mean how hard can it be, to explain it simple, because the video i saw was easy but my result was not what i expected.

Sorry for borrowing your thread, but i can't be the only one having trouble with action center, if i am then i really feel like a jack ass

Thank You