Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 GM3 Patch Update to 2309 Now Available
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello PowerDirector 15 users,

The GM3 patch update is now available. It will update your version to 2309.

You can download it from this page:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Here are the release notes:

- Adds ability to apply My Favorite transition to all videos.

- Adds mask type options for the mosaic effect in the Motion Tracker.

- Adds 9:16 project support from PowerDirector Android.

- Adds recording custom area from the secondary monitor in Screen Recorder.

- Fixes the issue that templates created in old versions cannot be found in PowerDirector 15.

- Fixes the issue that SVRT malfunctions after splitting a video.

- Fixes the issue that shadow files are not generated to the defined export folder.

- Fixes the issue that thumbnails are incorrect after detecting 9:16 video in Scene Detection.

- Fixes the issue that parts of waveforms disappear from the timeline after applying transitions.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2016 03:38

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello PowerDirector 15 users,

- Fixes the issue that templates created in old versions cannot be found in PowerDirector 15.

- Fixes the issue that shadow files are not generated to the defined export folder.

- Fixes the issue that thumbnails are incorrect after detecting 9:16 video in Scene Detection.

- Fixes the issue that parts of waveforms disappear from the timeline after applying transitions.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator
Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
Untraceable build 2309 Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Bug highlighted and reported to CL here not fixed:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49917.page

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
James2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Queensland, Australia Joined: Oct 19, 2016 06:53 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I've just realised that the start of a new problem I've having in PD15 probably roughly coincides with the installation of 2309. In the only project I've started working on since 2309, all audio cuts out for the whole duration of transitions. The audio that cuts out includes the audio on non-linked, separate audio tracks (eg the music track). As a result, I'm unable to finish urgent work that I've done about 6 hours of editing on so far, and PowerDirector will be useless to me if this continues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2016 17:33

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've just realised that the start of a new problem I've having in PD15 probably roughly coincides with the installation of 2309. In the only project I've started working on since 2309, all audio cuts out for the whole duration of transitions. The audio that cuts out includes the audio on non-linked, separate audio tracks (eg the music track). As a result, I'm unable to finish urgent work that I've done about 6 hours of editing on so far, and PowerDirector will be useless to me if this continues.

Can you supply a picture of your timeline so one can try and replicate edits. I've tried pre, post, overlap, and cross transitions with multiple video tracks and audio on the music track and can not duplicate any audio cut out yet.

Jeff
James2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Queensland, Australia Joined: Oct 19, 2016 06:53 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can you supply a picture of your timeline so one can try and replicate edits. I've tried pre, post, overlap, and cross transitions with multiple video tracks and audio on the music track and can not duplicate any audio cut out yet.

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Thanks very much for having a look at this. I've attached a screenshot with some annotations.
[Thumb - timeline-screenshot.png]
 Filename
timeline-screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
170 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
122 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff. Thanks very much for having a look at this. I've attached a screenshot with some annotations.

I can't cause an audio drop out over the transition duration issue yet on my 2309 release. Maybe it's related to whatever enhancement you have done to the preceeding clips (orange icon on clip) be it "Fix /Enhance" or "Power Tools" type operation as some can be very CPU intense. If you use your same transition out in the right part of your timeline where you have no enhancements applied to the DSC_0560 clip does audio still drop there?

More than likely it might just be a timeline playback issue, have you tried producing the timeline and/or just this range of timeline and see if it's in the final output?

Jeff
James2016 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I can't cause an audio drop out over the transition duration issue yet on my 2309 release. Maybe it's related to whatever enhancement you have done to the preceeding clips (orange icon on clip) be it "Fix /Enhance" or "Power Tools" type operation as some can be very CPU intense. If you use your same transition out in the right part of your timeline where you have no enhancements applied to the DSC_0560 clip does audio still drop there?

More than likely it might just be a timeline playback issue, have you tried producing the timeline and/or just this range of timeline and see if it's in the final output?

Jeff

The enhancements indicated by the "i" are just simple pans and zooms to provide a little variety in video that is mostly a talking head. The problem occurs even if they don't exist, and also happens in any new project I start that has transitions.

The things that are different about the transitions in the lower track are: (1) they're on a lower track and; (2) they're not transitioning to or from anything on the same track. However, on repeating that arrangement in a new project, I find that the error occurs on the transition INTO the clip but not on the transition OUT of it. So it may actually be behaving exactly the same as the top track - that is, it may be that in all cases the problem is the part of the transition that goes INTO the clip.

The video output works fine. But the problem in the editor means editing is so inefficient as to make PD15 virtually useless, because I can only get a proper view of what it looks by producing it.
James2016 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since PowerDirector 15 doesn't work, I've gone back to version 14. It doesn't have the transition problem I've described here. But version 14 is useless to me for my current projects unless I start them again, because PowerDirector 15 files can't be imported into version 14.
NadiaFilion123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 14:54 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought PD15. Was sold on the screen recorder included. I first download PD15, tried the screen recorder right away and worked fine. I was really happy with my purchase! Then, downloaded all the subsequent files (content pack, etc...). Tried the screen recorder again and the sound was "static" (like a bad tv channel). Didn't know where the problem was coming from.

Since it worked fine at the beginning, I:

-image back my computer prior to the PD15 installation

-downloaded again PD15

-sound check on Screen Recorder OK

-dowloaded the patch on PD15

-sound check on Screen Recorder did the same problem that previously (static)

-Therefore: the patch is the source of that problem...

So I:

-image back my computer prior to the PD15 installation

-installed PD15 (without installing the patch)

-installed the subsequent files (content pack, etc...)

-sound check: fine

So far, looks like my only problem.

I was using PD11 before my update. Hope I won't have to go back to that version?!? Please tell me you will fix these problems... how can I know if the next patch won't cause the same problems?
Meltdown61 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2016 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a audio problem after applying patch.

Just bought PD15 a couple of days ago -- everything was fine until I applied the patch.

Now, when a pull any audio file to the timeline the Adjust System Volume is disabled, even for KiteSurfing.wmv.

See screen here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33793648/screenA.jpg

I can hear the sound when playing the file in the media room.

Regards

Melt

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2016 17:16

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Click the speaker icon with the line through it under the preview window and when the elevator box appears, click the speaker icon at the bottom. The line through the speaker should disappear.

Jeff
Meltdown61 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2016 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Apologies, newbie mistake, I had the Non-Real-time Preview selected whiich was removing the audio.

Thanks
Melt
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello PowerDirector 15 users,

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you for these updates...Can we please get a lens correction profile for the DJI Phantom 4 PRO? The new lens on the phantom 4 professional is way different than the other phantoms

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2016 22:03

wptski [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Warren, MI Joined: Jan 22, 2015 08:37 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to PD15 today, trying to update it but the downloader fails and/or hangs. I found a tmp file that listed an odd build number of 2528 not 2309 in its filename. Maybe it's a server problem? Bill
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe it's a server problem?

My attempt at download appears fine, pic attached.

Make sure you have no other CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe files in the directory you are downloading the downloader to and also that no old patches exist in that download directory.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15_Update_Download.png]
 Filename
PD15_Update_Download.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
266 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
wptski [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Warren, MI Joined: Jan 22, 2015 08:37 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Maybe it's a server problem?

My attempt at download appears fine, pic attached.

Make sure you have no other CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe files in the directory you are downloading the downloader to and also that no old patches exist in that download directory.

Jeff

Thanks! I found the problem, it's my anti-virus app blocking the download of the file. I'll have to contact them to fix this altough I turned off realtime protection and downloaded the patch. Bill