Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I make a white watermark text for my photos?
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
I have this red watermark that I apply to my photos, but I like to have one white too. I used the regional tool to change the red into white, but how do I make that visible as a transparent watermark? After exporting the red to white watermark, it just turns out to be all white. Please help...
[Post New]
Hello again Trekz,

Your watermark is coming out "all white" because it's being exported as a .JPG, which does not support transparency. Try these steps:

1. Under the Library tab, import your red watermark image (.png with transparent background)

2. In Adjustment, decrease Saturation & maximise tone settings (now it's close to white)

3. Export as a .PNG file, so that transparency is maintained

Another option is to use graphics software which can easily replace colours.

Screen capture shows steps above:

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Trekz,

Your watermark is coming out "all white" because it's being exported as a .JPG, which does not support transparency. Try these steps:

1. Under the Library tab, import your red watermark image (.png with transparent background)

2. In Adjustment, decrease Saturation & maximise tone settings (now it's close to white)

3. Export as a .PNG file, so that transparency is maintained

Another option is to use graphics software which can easily replace colours.

Screen capture shows steps above:

PIX

Awesome. Thank you^