Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pano support?
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way for me to do 360 pictures ( little planets) in photodirector8/powerdirector 15?
[Post New]
Hello trekz,

PhotoDirector has no facility to stitch or view 360° photos. I'm unsure about whether any comparable software does either. Both PhD & Lightroom can import an equirectangular photo (2:1) but neither has the ability to navigate as you would do in a dedicated 360° viewer, such as GoPro VR Player.

This is something that's only recently taken my interest, but it appears that dedicated apps &/or cameras are required for creating, stitching and viewing.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Trekz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello trekz,

PhotoDirector has no facility to stitch or view 360° photos. I'm unsure about whether any comparable software does either. Both PhD & Lightroom can import an equirectangular photo (2:1) but neither has the ability to navigate as you would do in a dedicated 360° viewer, such as GoPro VR Player.

This is something that's only recently taken my interest, but it appears that dedicated apps &/or cameras are required for creating, stitching and viewing.

PIX

Thanks for informing me. Looks like microsoft ICe is still needed
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:09

Trekz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't venture outside the PowerDirector forums very often but I saw this and your expression "little planets" caught my eye. By this, are you talking about an "inside looking out" or "outside looking in" view. I just wondered if you were talking about more of a circular dollyed timelapse for video or a stitched panorama for a still image. If it's the panorama then there are lots of applications that do precisely that such as a freebie starter app from Serif. You can animate a panoramic still image very easily in PowerDirector to create a video.

Something like these: they were done using the stereographic projection in Microsoft ICE,

but I was looking to see if photodirector had this same kind of panorama support.

Hopefully this can be implemented in an update/ photodirector 9.

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/photos/share/blackstar-canyon-cross?account=tomluna01

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/photos/share/1st-little-big-planet-baseball-tustin-ca?account=tomluna01

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2016 18:44

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

[Post New]
Hello Longedge,

Welcome to the PhD forum laughing

Unfortunately, PhotoDirector's panoramic limit is stitching images taken as a panorama. It can stitch a 360° panorama - cylindrical rather than spherical but that's quite a different thing.

trekz, I've now installed & tested Microsoft ICE. It works very well on the sample images I used.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]