Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I get 4k 23.xx or 24 FPS on powerdirector 15?
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Just made this purchase,and I haven't seen 23.XX / 24fps yet. Where do I go to get this feature?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just made this purchase,and I haven't seen 23.XX / 24fps yet. Where do I go to get this feature?

I know this is not what you really want but the closest you can get is in "General Preferences".

You can select NTSC or PAL and the closest frame rate. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Trekz -

Steve has explained how to set up your project timeline to 24fps.

If you're asking about producing files to match your DJI P3 clips, go to Produce - select H.264 AVC - MP4 - select the 4K profile from the dropdown... then click the + button to customise the profile.

Then you can change the frame rate & bitrate to match your clips.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Trekz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all so much! ^ This helps out a lot.
rolldog
Newbie Location: Baton Rouge, LA Joined: Jun 21, 2015 14:59 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Are you looking to convert to "true 4K" video or "4K UHD" video, which is totally different. Every consumer device on the market today labeled 4K actually means "4K UHD", or 3840x2160 resolution, but everything is marketed as being 4K, but it's not true 4K. If you're trying to convert anything to run on a consumer based TV/UHD player/video file to run through an Nvidia Android TV or a new Chromecast or Roku, it's actually referring to a 3840x2160 file, not a 4096x2160 file. There's a big difference between the two, so I was just making sure you were referring to the correct format.
Trekz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yup. True 4k is what I'm after