Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Combining transition with effects(fx)
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, all!

I've been doing a bit of experimenting lately and this might be of interest to a few who might want to try this for themselves. Here's the scenario: You have two clips on the timeline, each clip different to the other by reason of location, time of day or any other difference and you want to segue from one to the next, Put a fade transition(I usually set my transitions at 5 seconds duration, up to you how you set yours), then apply, from effects(fx), "blur". Keyframes: zero effect at start(effect should be placed directly under transition and set to same length, by the way), 2 seconds in, apply keyframe and set effect at maximum at that point. 3 seconds in, another keyframe, effect again set at maximum, then, at the end, add final keyframe with effect set at zero, one scene blurs into the next neatly without losing image(the blur transition on its own will also fade to black or chosen colour), another effect that can be used with the fade transition is the TV wall or the mosaic. You might want to toy around here and come up with other combinations!

Have fun with your experiments!

Cheers!

Neil.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Me again!

I should point out that what I suggested is possible with Power Director versions as far back as PD7, just in case anyone out there might still be using any of those earlier versions.

Cheers!

Neil

(no doubt I'll get a message in my email in-box telling me I've received a reply to my post..... hmmmm!)

Adding this later on in the same day(Australian east coast time, that is) I wrote it:- Er.... whoops!I have to recant a bit on what I said, a bit of experimentation in PD8 of my combining transitions with effects(fx), not quite as easy as I thought! PD versions 7 and 8 don't have the ability to "keyframe" the effect and I found that to be a bit limiting. Sorry 'bout that, chiefs! However, I expect PD versions 9 onwards to have the "keyframing" controls needed to make this effect work.

Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2016 21:36

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again!

Just whacking a sentence in here to keep this thread going. I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried the idea I mentioned in my OP. As I've already said, I've had to back down from a comment made in that OP about this effect being possible in PD7 or 8, An attempt in PD8 went "pear-shaped", as the British so colourfully express it when referring to bad results. But with keyframing from PD9 onwards, the effect will work well in combining transition with "fx", it's just a matter of experimentation to see which effect(fx) works well with which transition. You know, "suck it and see!"

Cheers!

Neil

(P.S. before responding to this thread, read the OP first!)