Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DJI Phantom 3 Pro and PowerDirector 14
RemcoVi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2016 05:17 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am new to editing videos and working with PowerDirectory, but i try to do my best.

I hope someone can help me with the following, i have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and shot some videos in 4K i think. The image quality on my computer is great. I have uploaded an example video to WeTransfer: http://we.tl/SyBsye00oX

I have edited 14 videos into a project of 4 min. The video starts with a photo and then starts with videos merging into each other. My project is finished and i would like to export the video to the same quality as the original, but for some reason none of the exports, and i have tried alot of different settings, are good quality.

I have uploaded straight from PowerDirector to Youtube in 4K, hoping this would greatly improve the quality, but this is the result: https://youtu.be/NNZx2UmEzuM

Can someone help me to setup the correct settings so i can start creating videos?

Kind regards,

Remco Visscher
the Netherlands
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag file
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2016 05:32

[Post New]
Youtube has this information: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
RemcoVi [Avatar]
[Post New]
True, but whatever profile i try, AVI, MPEG-2, H.264 or H.265, all the outcome is far from good on my computer. Youtube was just an example and a desperate try to find a good quality.

I have several videos which are the result of the export from 500 mb to 3,5 GB and every video sucks when i view it in VLC, Windows Mediaplayer, of what ever videoplayer i can find.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
It would be useful to know what quality you are really filming in (4K I think ??)

Place one of your clips on the PD timeline, right click and go to properties. Then please make a screenshot of the properties given and post it here.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
RemcoVi [Avatar]
[Post New]
These are the properties of the file i also uploaded to WeTransfer to give you an idea of what the video quality is of the original file.
[Thumb - 26-3-2016 11-06-41.jpg]
 Filename
26-3-2016 11-06-41.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
[Post New]
I dont know if this could help you as it is not relatiive to 4K, but ...

http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/Encoding-for-YouTube-How-to-Get-the-Best-Results-83876.aspx
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Here's what I suggest. Produce to the following:

H264 AVC

Select MP4

Then, to right of "profile name/quality is a "+" sign, click on this to create a profile to suit your clips. When open, name your profile so that it is easilly identified.

Then select the video tab: Select your resolution 4096x2160. Then select your frame rate 23.976. Leave evrything else at default and use this profile to produce you work.

It should be fine

RemcoVi [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have created a new project and added only the spefic clip we are talking about, but what to do about the warning message:

Conflict image speed timeline

This is translated, but it is saying something about the image speed which is not set correctly, because my clip is 23.976 FPS and the general setting is 25 FPS. This could limit my video.

Should i ignore this?
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Under user preferences "general" "timeline frame rate" select 24. You will get another warning, but ignore it.

The difference between your rate and 24 is negligible.

RemcoVi [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the outcome: http://we.tl/01xYeacOes

I find the video quality alot better, the best untill now. I don't know if this is due the fact that my original project has a photo in the first few sec or that i have not used these settings yet.

The only thing is that find the export a bit cloudy, not the bright colors.

Can i select the retouch setting and improve lightning and improve video quality or is that my problem before?
The Shadowman
[Post New]
In all honesty I don't see much wrong withe quality of that film.

Maybe colour experts would disagree, but to me, it's pretty good. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
RemcoVi [Avatar]
[Post New]
The original has more color / is less cloudy. The gras is greener, the plants at the side of the canal are more yellow.

I think this is due to those options i have enabled, but can you change those option without losing the quality?
The Shadowman
[Post New]
What options have you changed? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]
when you viewed the YouTube version above, did you view it at the 2160 4K setting? By default it opens viewing at 480p and the difference is quite substantial. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Remco -

I think between The Shadowman's advice & Theolilou's links, you've arrived at a good spot!

The first thing I did was to customise the MP4 profile to match your original clip. Image attached. The difference is the video bitrate set to match the 60Mbps of the original. Here's short clip on YouTube... https://youtu.be/yK4ks3icMWY As Robert mentioned, make sure you set the quality to 2160p.
Viewing on the PC (4K monitor), there are only slight differences between your Produce20160326_1 file (~15Mbps) & mine (~59Mbps), but there's a significant difference at the rippling water section!

I can't see much wrong with the colour rendition. Here are some comparative partial snapshots (not resized, just cropped). One side is the original & the other is from your produced file - Produce20160326_1. I've deliberately not labelled them laughing

N.B. When you do a direct YouTube upload, it will be in WMV format - not a great way to advertise your Phantom footage.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - DJI Pro3 Profile.png]
 Filename
DJI Pro3 Profile.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
62 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2016 13:33

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Ah Sorry, forgot to change the bitrate to matchembarassed

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It's not very noticeable with that footage, Robert. Where it stands out is closer views of textured motion - like rippling water, shimmering leaves & waving grass.

The other difference is (of course) file size! Produced at ~15Mbps = 120MB, produced at ~60Mbps = 480MB

Cheers - Tony
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Tony

Would the change in bitrate correct the slightly distorted flapping of the birds wings?

So far as file size is concerned, that's the price we have to pay if we want the best from our 4K.

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

Yes it would, in part. Frame rate plays a pretty important part too!

With Remco's sample clip, where those two birds flew across in front of the Phantom just on cue, it makes little difference to my eyes. Had they been closer it would have been more noticeable.

Remco - do you think you have it nailed yet?

Cheers - Tony
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Remco - apologies but I'd like to ask a question about produced settings - and how they affect video clip quality on 'non-4K' video clips - if I may?

I know you (Tony/Robert/Remco) are talking 4K here guys but may I ask... I would your opinions about if you think you would see a difference in the 'rippling' scenes/places if the bitrate of 15 compared to 59Mbps was applied to 1920 x1080/60p video clips???

I know - I need to get some video of such a scene and then apply those settings to a produced clip and look for myself. I have some video from last year on the water so might see if any would be good for this sort of comparison. But what is your opinions?

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2016 09:06

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive