Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to change the program's folder paths?
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
My C: drive is full and I have to free some space so I saw that there are 20 GB of templates and stuff ("Content Packs / Creative Design Packs").

Can I move those to another partition without having to reinstall the whole PD 14?? I can't find anything to change the paths in the PD preferences menu.

Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2016 06:24

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My C: drive is full and I have to free some space so I saw that there are 20 GB of templates and stuff ("Content Packs / Creative Design Packs").

Can I move those to another partition without having to reinstall the whole PD 14?? I can't find anything to change the paths in the PD preferences menu.

Thanks in advance!
The data files and temporary files can be changed to another location.

You can of course edit from any location on your hard drive.

Preferences > Editing to change the Export Folder.

Preferences > Project To change the AutoSave locataion

Preferences > General there is a Manually Delete button for the cyberlink temporary file, but no way to change location.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2016 14:31

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
no you cannot change this easily. uninstall and reinstall is easier.
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I thought so. OK, then it's going to be a reinstall. Thank you nevertheless!!!