Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 - menu creating fault
andybaz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2012 16:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hi friends, no issues in the past, currently on windows 7 64bit.

I have removed PD from my tower, closed down & restarted & fresh install - fault still present.

Create DISC -menu preferences - set background image ( for dvd root page etc)

1- i can no longer import a picture to set " back ground image on ROOT or CHAPTER page " - when added the work area stays black with no image showing what i have just added.

2- i add a picture form my files in thesecond icon and then stretch manually then save as a test template, i then chose the test template and open - the small screen showing ROOT & CHPTER page are both black - no image work.

3- i have also noticed - in the work edit area after the film section has been added, on the time secound line etc - i know have a green marker line present.

Do we think this may be a fault on my tower - windows 7 s/w - as i have reinstalled PD beofre when i have had issues and everty thing is ok - but when i reinstall i can not build any disc templates

I would love some views and comment on this please, to help understand if a issue on my toweror s/w etc

If some one wants to view some screen shots , please supply a email address or a link where i can add for your to view and see what is happening thank you for taking the time to read this. windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi friends, no issues in the past, currently on windows 7 64bit.

I have removed PD from my tower, closed down & restarted & fresh install - fault still present.

Create DISC -menu preferences - set background image ( for dvd root page etc)

1- i can no longer import a picture to set " back ground image on ROOT or CHAPTER page " - when added the work area stays black with no image showing what i have just added.

2- i add a picture form my files in thesecond icon and then stretch manually then save as a test template, i then chose the test template and open - the small screen showing ROOT & CHPTER page are both black - no image work.

3- i have also noticed - in the work edit area after the film section has been added, on the time secound line etc - i know have a green marker line present.

Do we think this may be a fault on my tower - windows 7 s/w - as i have reinstalled PD beofre when i have had issues and everty thing is ok - but when i reinstall i can not build any disc templates

I would love some views and comment on this please, to help understand if a issue on my toweror s/w etc

If some one wants to view some screen shots , please supply a email address or a link where i can add for your to view and see what is happening thank you for taking the time to read this.

Yes, a few pics of what you are seeing would help. You can attach pics to these posts, simply use the "postreply" in the lower left corner of message. Just below the post reply text entry area is a blue "Attachments" icon that can be used to attach pics to your message, (up to 3).

For step 2, try the first icon as shown in the attached pic to set background image.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD10_DVD_Menu2.png]
 Filename
PD10_DVD_Menu2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
464 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
130 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]

The green marker line can mean that your video is being pre rendered. That can be because you have a hardware or video driver change. It may be a setting in your Prefs/Hardware acceleration.
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

The green marker line can mean that your video is being pre rendered. That can be because you have a hardware or video driver change. It may be a setting in your Prefs/Hardware acceleration.

The video rendering line - yes - says buffering while running etc . never seen before so can only assume maybe a clash with a automatic woindows update etc - hence why im thinking of wiping my tower clean and a reinstall etc. windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
cant seem to add any screenshots from my pc- so will try a complete reinstall and see where I go from there . windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
not sure if this will work - PD10 - windows 7 - no previous problems - complete remove reinstall PD10.

Go to create menue - take blank template - clear tect the YELLOW circle on Left - add background image - chose picture and add.

The 2 foward & return arrows greyed out not ready for use, when picture is added in eother of the 3 available crop/strecth etc modes, the picture is added and the UNDO arrow YELLOW cirlce left is highlighted, but clearly the work area shows no input image.

Save the project to produce a template on the left side, the newly created template is blank i can not see what picture was used etc, if i open the newly created template or click on it and look at either apply to all or modify etc, the chapter & root pages are still blank no picture.

I have never come across this issue before - my concern is its not a problem with disc etc but with my pc ?
[Thumb - pd10.jpg]
 Filename
pd10.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
menu dvd create
 Filesize
345 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)
windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any idea or I should say all ideas greatly appriated windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unable to download sw update : PowerDirector 10 build 2231 update
Improves compatibility with NVIDIA display driver version 30X.XX. from cyber link web site windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Unable to download sw update : PowerDirector 10 build 2231 update
Improves compatibility with NVIDIA display driver version 30X.XX. from cyber link web site

For the green render bar, there is a special PD10 update to address that, or use older Nvidia drivers. It's not on CL updates page. The thread release of the update is here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31396.page but the link posted "Click here to download" is stale, a proper functional link for as of 12/26/2015 is http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDirector/10/PowerDirector10_3625_GM8_Patch_VDE131223-02.exe

Jeff
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, the next step - as not getting anywhere with PD10 - wipe pc clean, reinstall windows etc and start fresh, and see what happens windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: not sure if this will work - PD10 - windows 7 - no previous problems - complete remove reinstall PD10.

Go to create menue - take blank template - clear tect the YELLOW circle on Left - add background image - chose picture and add.

The 2 foward & return arrows greyed out not ready for use, when picture is added in eother of the 3 available crop/strecth etc modes, the picture is added and the UNDO arrow YELLOW cirlce left is highlighted, but clearly the work area shows no input image.

Do you know the dimension and type of image you want to import. I would try a jpg or png no larger than 1920x1080 in size. Try different photos. Try unchecking both checkboxes in the Preferences/Hardware acceleration to see if this helps any before you reinstall PD10.
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello fellow users, this is what happens, im running PD10 without problems on a WINDOWS 7 64bit machine, the fault was noticed about OCT/NOV 2015.
The system has worked fine wit out any issues.

Problem:
1- pc tower wiped clean - windows 7 reloaded, no other s/w whats so ever added.

2- load full PD10 & s/n from disc and follow all prompts & restarts etc.

3-capture video, trim,chapter, take snap shots in the edit - all works fine then save - all fine.

4- create a disc tab, open - says go online to activate etc or run in trial mode for 30days.

5. trial mode: add background image - any size - any format ( not the add picture image) - and it then loads in the work area - I can see the image and adjust modify etc no problem, add tittles then burn to disc in 2D without ay problems.

6. disc now in to DVD player - I have tittle page & chapter page showing my chosen image, click play and I can watch the video.

ALL GOOD to this point.

7. go back to step 5 - create a disc - import a background image - the s/w ask me to go online to activate this facility, so I click the activate link prompted by the PD10 programme, it does what it has to do and says successful.

8. now I chose a jpg to add as a background image and chose either stretch or letter box etc - exactly what I have been doing for past 3-4yrs - wait for image to load in work area, the greyed out forward and backwark left & right arrows are now bold useable because the picture is there BUT !!! this is the problem, the picture is not showing in the work area, and if I save as a template to show in the list of templates on the left hand side of screen , it save with blank black screen - not the art work just loaded.

9.i presume that - I will have to unload and reload my s/w every 30days to use - ir appears that PD10 is no longer compatible with windows 7.

Im pulling my hair out with this - I don't want to go and buy PD14 etc and find I have the same issue because its not compatible with WINDOWS 7 64bit

windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
andybaz, it sounds like you have a Disk module activation Problem.

Since you are working with Powerdirector 10 and Windows 7, you should contact Cyberlink Support to get the Codec Activations restored.

What is Component Activation **Click Link**

Cyberlink Support **Click Link**

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2016 16:58

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.