Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help! I'm being held captive in CL website!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all!

After reading posts in PD14, PD13 and PD(Earlier Versions) forums, tried to log oout, only to get a notice that the request could not be processed. You have a defect in your system somewhere and it's holding us users effectively "captive" in the system.

This problem is at your end and needs urgent attention.

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
I just logged out , just fine. Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello all!

After reading posts in PD14, PD13 and PD(Earlier Versions) forums, tried to log oout, only to get a notice that the request could not be processed. You have a defect in your system somewhere and it's holding us users effectively "captive" in the system.

This problem is at your end and needs urgent attention.

Cheers!

Neil.
Why bother with logging out? Just close your browser. The log out is just removing a cookie in the Temporary Internet files. In IE you can use Safety > Delete browsing history, be sure Cookies and Website data is checked, click delete. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Carl.

I eventually found the "key to the back door" and escaped! (ha-ha). I make it a practice always to log-out when finished with a given website(any website). I don't tamper with the computer too much.If there is something there that allows me to safely log in or out of a website without losing my log-in details(email, user-name and password), I leave it alone.

Cheers!

Neil.

P.S. It was a momentary glitch in the system that prevented me from logging out. It had sorted itself out after a short while and I was able to log out after about four or five attempts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2015 15:04