Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cropping a photo
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi when cropping a photo ocassionally the grey background of the original photosize gets left behind as a chequered background. How can I correct or get rid of this?

Thanks

Phil
[Post New]
Hello Phil,

I'm going to have to ask you to explain a little further. I'm afraid I don't undertsand what "the grey background of the original photosize gets left behind as a chequered background" means! embarassed

A chequered background typically indicates transparency, such as the background you get using the Background Removal tool. Cropping a photo doesn't create transparency. It simply crops.

Perhaps if you attached a screenshot showing the issue it would help to clarify.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pix

Like this

Thanks
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screen
 Filesize
139 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2015 18:07

[Post New]
Hello Phil,

I have no wish to insult your intelligence, but could you please confirm that the steps shown in the video are the ones you're taking. You'll see it on YouTube more clearly (obviously).

I've never seen that behaviour in PhotoDirector before. Never. If that's the result of simply cropping, there's something wrong with the installation.

PIX PIX YouTube channel