Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade to PD14
cclarry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2011 14:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just purchased PD13 Ulitimate less then 2 weeks ago...shouldn't I get this update
automatically?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Since you purchased PD13 last week at 50% off, We would like to know if you can upgrade to PD14 at no extra cost or would they ask for the other half since PD14 is sold at full price and not on sale yet.

Let us know what Cyberlink or Digital Rivers decide to do.
cclarry [Avatar]
[Post New]
First and foremost it wasn't at 50% off....it's NEVER 50% off. Second, IT'S PERPETUALLY ON SALE.

Third...from a Senior contributor I would expect a more "civil" response...

cclarry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let me also state, for the record,
I have been a Cyberlink Customer for 10 years...

That's about to change. Had I know this was coming out, I would have waited. But all I have received from Customer Service, and NOW, on this forum is sarcasm and ignorance.

It's a cop out to say things like what you stated.

Every other DAW, Video, ,whatever company, if you purchase within 30 days of the release of new product, REGARDLESS OF PRICE, gives you the upgrade...

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is nothing stopping you for trying, is it ?? No one on this user forum knows unless someone is willing to contact Cyberlink and report then whether they were successful or not. This would be a great service to everyone. You want to help??
cclarry [Avatar]
[Post New]
I agree...

But it's kind of bad form to "take your money" and then say TA DA ...here's a NEW version, oh and, BTW, you NOW have to give us MORE MONEY.

I could see if the 30 day refund period was expired, but I think it's ludicrous for Customer Service to say...The ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS GET A REFUND AND THEN BUY THE NEW ONE.

That's just plain TERRIBLE support.

I use MULTIPLE high dollar programs (i.e Pro Tools, Sonar, Studio One, Cubase, etc). ALL of them will GIVE you the upgrade if you purchase or upgrade within 30 days of the launch of a NEW version..without exception. They KNOW that NEXT YEAR they'll get your upgrade money anyways...it's to their benefit...

But Cyberlink says "Sorry Bud, you're just out of luck"?

It's just common sense really, and good business under these circumstances, to upgrade the Customer...
Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I'm going to add to the sarcasm because it is warranted. Let's reimagine this:

"I've been a Cyberlink customer for ten years. So I know a new version of PowerDirector comes out every year, this time of year. Also, I know Cyberlink's discount is greatest right before a new version. So like is done with other MULTIPLE high dollar programs (i.e Pro Tools, Sonar, Studio One, Cubase, etc), I bought the current version for the low price, and expected a free upgrade. Now I am ever so pissed that Cyberlink won't give me the new version for free. I want it free. Free free free. And if I can't get it for free, I will complain about how this is bad customer service."

If you own any previous version of PowerDirector, you are entitled to an upgrade price and do not pay full price. So get your refund before the 30 days are up, and take advantage of the upgrade price. Or not.
cclarry [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quote=Rob1492]I'm going to add to the sarcasm because it is warranted. Let's reimagine this:

"I've been a Cyberlink customer for ten years. So I know a new version of PowerDirector comes out every year, this time of year. Also, I know Cyberlink's discount is greatest right before a new version. So like is done with other MULTIPLE high dollar programs (i.e Pro Tools, Sonar, Studio One, Cubase, etc), I bought the current version for the low price, and expected a free upgrade. Now I am ever so pissed that Cyberlink won't give me the new version for free. I want it free. Free free free. And if I can't get it for free, I will complain about how this is bad customer service."

If you own any previous version of PowerDirector, you are entitled to an upgrade price and do not pay full price. So get your refund before the 30 days are up, and take advantage of the upgrade price. Or not.[/quote]

No your sarcasm is NOT warranted...only in your OWN mind. While I have been a customer for 10 years I don't "Monitor" when the versions come out. I had not upgraded since 11...just an FYI...

As I stated PREVIOUSLY - if I had KNOWN 14 was coming out - I would have waited...

You make the mistake of being an assume-er...which, as you know, makes an ASS of U and ME...

I spend most of my time in the STUDIO....so I don't sit around and "wait" for the old version to be "outdated"
But OBVIOUSLY some of you do, or you wouldn't even KNOW THIS...nor does a new vesion come out "at the same
time every year" at least not that I'm aware of ...if YOU ARE...you obviously spend too much time "Monitoring"
it...

In WHATEVER case...you make the ASSUMPTION that you know me, but you DO NOT...and are completely WRONG

in your "Sarcasm"...

I have seen, just from the assinign responses in here and their "sarcasm" that I have no desire to be a part
of the forum...or software for that matter...

Cyberlink can kiss my furry brown bahooki...If GREED is their game...then let them play it...
I can do everything I need to do in any of the other comparable editors...

I'll take the refund...but screw this company...and they can thank YOU, and they can thank themselves for that...