Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Going from 6 to 7.....
Briansep [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norwich UK Joined: May 27, 2015 10:35 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I am really getting to like PD6, was an Aperture user......, so I will be upgrading to 7 asap.

Just one question....I have numerous projects running, I assume when I upgrade all these separate projets get upgraded too? I ask because the projects are in separate folders with their own PD icon, and when I change projects, one closes down and another opens.

I would imagine it would but......

Regds

Brian
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

Your assumption/expectation is correct.

Projects generated in earlier versions of PhD will open correctly in PhD 7. There are no compatibility issues.

If you (for some reason) keep PhD 6 installed after installing PhD 7, you'll be able to open the project with either. Right click > Open with...

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
PIX

Many thanks for the conformation, an upgrade tomorrow!

Regds
Brian
ROBERT58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 23:43 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Brian:

I lost all of my Face Tags when converting from PHD6 to PHD7. I have posted another message on the forum about this.

If you have converted to PHD7 from PHD6 can you confirm if your Face Tags are still present.
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert

To be honest I have not yet converted.... just too busy at the mo with work, I have a couple of jobs on this we, so around Monday....
WKUA
Regds
Brian
ROBERT58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 23:43 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
The face tags are retained in the PHD6 version. I am waiting for CyberLink to respond.