Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a Black & White Image
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
It's easy to create B&W image from your beautiful colour files, isn't it?

Have you ever tried this technique to fine tune your new black and white converstion?

In PhotoDirector remove colour by sliding the Saturation slider to the left, as in image A. At this point, your image still retains colour detail information.
B&W from a Colour image
With out saving your new image you can go to the Temperature and Tint sliders in the White Balance section and make further adjustments.

In image B I've moved the Temperature (Blue/Yellow) slider to the right making the yellow content lighter, therefore the grass being more yellow than the sky, is lighter.

In image C moving the Temparture slider to the left, means that the blue image will be lighter.

Once you have found your ideal setting, you can save the image as usual and also save your new setting.

These are just coarse adjustments for demonstration only but you can try it out and see if it works for you.

cheers
[Thumb - B&W+Col.png]
 Filename
B&W+Col.png
[Disk]
 Description
colour image with adjustments
 Filesize
2723 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2015 06:24

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Kyle!

You've completely outdone yourself, and the rest of us. What a thorough "how-to" explanation! laughing

We don't have awards, stars or cash giveaways, I'm afraid, so you'll have to content yourself with the gratitude of all who read your post.

Good work!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Kyle!

You've completely outdone yourself, and the rest of us. What a thorough "how-to" explanation! laughing

We don't have awards, stars or cash giveaways, I'm afraid, so you'll have to content yourself with the gratitude of all who read your post.

Good work!

PIX

embarassedembarassedembarassedMany thanks Pix

Always happy to try and help

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.