Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Batch resizing possible?
kevin2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2015 22:27 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Forgive the possibly obvious answer, but can I resize a batch of photos? My intent is to resize the batch upon import, not at the end with export. I did not find an answer in the User Guide, and similar questions on the forum from about 2 years ago say it can't be done (unless through a process of Export Photo) so I just want to be sure since I am still fairly new to PhD6. If I need to utilize PowerDirector to do that (meaning I have to buy that), that just sounds silly to me. I mostly work with photos.

In the case it still can't be done, it would be great if that feature was right in the Photo Import (folder) window. (I know PhD is supposed to be a non-destructive photo editor, but if it is my choice on how I'd like to import it, it would really be nice if I could do that.) It could include these options:

Lock aspect ratio

- width X (percent, pixels, centimeters, inches)

- height Y (percent, pixels, centimeters, inches)

Output Format

- JPG, etc.

Options to:

- Rotate left 90 degrees

- Rotate by 180 degrees

- Rotate right 90 degrees

- MirrorFlip

Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2015 21:01

[Post New]
Hello Kevin,

You've been extremely busy!

Neither PhD nor PDR can batch resize on import. As you've read, PhotoDirector can resize a batch of images on export.

There are many free tools that can do that for you.

PIX PIX YouTube channel