Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Default Pop-up: with screen resolution lower than 1024x768
kevin2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2015 22:27 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
I get the following pop-up:

I recently bought PhD6. Used the trial, deleted it and installed the downloaded purchase/product. I have the Windows version.

While my screen resolution was and still is 1920 x 1080, since using the downloaded product...under Display, I have "Change(d) the size of all item" from "Smaller - 100% (default)" to "Larger - 150%." I also have the box checked for "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays."

So my resolution is definitely not smaller than 1024 x 768, but am I going to get this forever? This is a bit annoying. It pops up every time I open up PhD6. Actually, I'm now getting this one (which that is definitely not my setting):

In case the first image didn't come up, it reads:

Cyberlink PhotoDirector may run abnormally on a computer with a screen resolution lower than 1024 x 768 or if connected to a portrait monitor. It is suggested that you switch to a higher resolution or connect a landscape monitor.

Sorry, I didn't type out the second one.

EDIT: For what it's worth, it is (definitely) a scaling issue. I changed it to 125% and all was fine (no pop-up). When I went back to the default 100%, again no pop-up (as it of course shoud be). It's unfortunate bec sometimes when you get these smaller (yet not tiny) laptop screens like 13" with a high resolution of 1920 x 1080, it gets hard to see things since they are so small.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 19. 2015 23:32

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a question in there or just a comment?

If you can take a joke; have you though about reading glasses or a big magnifying glass.

Other than that, how does the program work on that small computer? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a question in there or just a comment?

If you can take a joke; have you though about reading glasses or a big magnifying glass.

Other than that, how does the program work on that small computer?

Ha! After reading my post, I agree with you. My sincere apologies.

I think my desire was to see if anyone else had the same problem (yet I never posed the question)...but I then believe I resolved how to not get that pop-up by going back and scaling down (in essence, not using the Larger or 150% level). Too bad bec it appeared to work fine and was way easier to read without a lot of real estate editing loss within PhD6.

It actually works fine. I plug into an external monitor, but not always. I like the smaller and lighter laptop, with an HD screen, just sometimes it is too small. A 15 inch screen might be better for dialing in precision editing on the road, if you do it a lot, but it may depend on weight of your laptop, too. I digress.

Believe it or not, i just got progressive lenses for my glasses. I'll update you on that in the future. laughing
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
As you get older, you get progressive lenses to replace those built in lenses (eyes) that had cataracts. cool .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
I get the same pop-up every time I open PhD6 and I have my scaling set at 125%. I set it at 120% and still got the pop-up, then set it at 100% and it went away. 125% is what works best for me and my laptop so I geuss I will have to live with this until somebody can offer a solution.(maybe the company who makes this software will read this and have an answer)wink
[Post New]
Hello KCH and all,

Here, I've just tested display settings and their impact on how PhD6 runs.

If it's set to 100% or 125% PhD6 opens and runs normally, with no alert. When it's set to 150%, there's an alert BUT after clicking OK, PhD6 opens and runs normally (though not everything fits comfortably on the screen.

That surprised me somewhat!

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2015 15:11

PIX YouTube channel
kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PIX,

I was QUITE surprised, and annoyed by it. It seems that the 150% scaling level should still be above the threshold of triggering the 1024x768 popup message. If I'm wrong I'll happily stand corrected. I've since lowered my scaling, but from time to time it's nice to have things appear bigger, so I hope it can be fixed (if not now, in PhD7). EDIT: I recognize, in the scheme of things, it is a minor annoyance.

Thanks so much for taking the time to replicate the issue. I'm glad that it was repeatable, or able to be duplicated.

By the way, what did you find to not fit comfortably on the screen, or that you missed not having/seeing?

Thanks again!

KCH,

Thanks for joining the conversation, and board, much appreciated!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2015 17:40

[Post New]
Hello KCH laughing

By "uncomfortable", I meant that, on my 1920x1080 display, with the display setting at 150% I need to do a lot more scrolling within each module.

The alternative is to have different sections minimised, but I generallly prefer to have it all in front of me.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, PIX!

I don't normally have it in "Viewer and Browser" mode, but I get it (to each his own, right?). I prefer to set it at "Viewer Only" but I would like to see the info in the Manual and Presets to be larger, so maybe they could provide an option to increase/decrease the font size there? If what you see now, would remain the default or smallest size, then you could increase from there or decrease if you wanted to go back. I don't know about programming but I wonder how difficult that might be to implement?

I understand about your (increased/more) scrolling comment.