Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
File Selection on Import
Briansep [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norwich UK Joined: May 27, 2015 10:35 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to just import raw files into PD? my other halfs Sony shoots Jpeg and raw, and I want to just import raw into PD

Thanks

Brian
[Post New]
Of course, Brian.

After transferring the photos to your Mac - JPEGs & ARWs - all you need to do on import is to select only the RAW files. Rather than individually selecting each file (depending on your folder options), it may be worth putting the RAW images into a sub-folder & selecting that folder for import.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pix

How do I select raw only files on input?

I figured I must be able to do that but couldn't find a way......

Brian
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
sorry I meant on import....
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

I'm sailing a little bit blind here, because it's been may years since I used a Mac. I can describe what happens in Windows, but I'm certain there's a Mac equivalent.

Firstly, I have my folder preferences set to show file extensions so (in the case of the attached screenshot) photos either have a .JPG or .CR2 (RAW) extension. Folders can be sorted by file type.

Secondly, also shown in the screenshot, when you go to a folder to import you can select which file types are displayed. Selecting RAW only, allows import of only RAW files.

I hope you're able to translate that into Mac talk laughing

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Import file type.png]
 Filename
PhD_Import file type.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
410 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2015 17:35

PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
PIX
Well I have finally found the MAC way to sort the files into Jpeg and RAW, Its done via "show view options", works a treat!

So this should make my life easier to import just RAW files into PD.
Thanks for the direction!
Brian