Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't scroll up or down in Adjustment Presets, arrows grayed out & scrollbar is gone
kevin2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2015 22:27 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT: I posted a screenshot below.

So last night I'm trying to go through my Presets, but I couldn't (and still can't today) go up or down using the little arrows below the vertical scroll bar. As a matter of fact, the arrows are no longer white but are now grayed out and the scrollbar itself is gone. The "channel" or place where the scrollbar goes is there, but the scrollbar is not. EDIT2: I can close/minimize the "Default Presets," so that I can see the "Downloaded Presets" option which is below it, but that doesn't fix my problem.

Of course I have gone through multiple closings of the program, as well as restarts and shutdowns of my computer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 15. 2015 20:51

[Post New]
Hello Kevin,

I've read about vertical scroll bars "disappearing" in browsers & some other software, but never in PhD. Is the same issue occurring in other software you use? or only PhD?

Your screenshot shows the vertical scroll bar missing completely, which usually only occurs when all content fits within the window. This isn't the case for you, obviously.

If the issue isn't happening in other software you use, I'd simply re-install PhotoDirector & hope the scroll bars are restored. If it's ahppening in other software too, we'll need to investigate Windows settings that may be affecting it.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately it is ONLY happenning in PhD, and more specifically in my trial of PhD6. Interestingly enough, the scrollbar is still there in my copy of PhD3. (For what it's worth, I'm using an Acer laptop (64-bit, i7 core with 8GB of RAM) with Windows 8.1) EDIT2: I have not installed anything else onto my machine that might have changed anything.

I hope the new install doesn't do anything to the remaining week I have left on the trial.

Thanks for your reply, PIX. I'll try to do that this evening after work.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 16. 2015 09:06

kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Magically, it just came back. I closed the program, opened it a few hours later and it worked again.

I didn't do anything special or different, never even uninstalled it.

Gremlins. laughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2015 17:24

[Post New]
Gremlins indeed Kevin surprised

I'm glad you're up and running again

PIX PIX YouTube channel
kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately the gremlins have returned -- same problem again. Well maybe when I wake up in the morning they will be gone.
kevin2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Problem returned.