Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need digital clock for lower third or in corner of frame
Cylindrically [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2014 19:45 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings,

I use PD12, and am in dire need of a pip object or whatever would allow me to have a digital clock counting time for a particular clip. I don't want it overlaid on the whole screen. Ideally it would set at the bottom of the screen, or possibly in one corner. It should count with the actual time line length of that clip.

Does anyone know of anything I can use, and direct me to where I can obtain it? Appreciate any help with finding this.

Thanks in advance.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 14. 2015 23:16

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cylindrically -

The good news is you already have it right there in PDR12.

In the FX room, locate the Time Stamp effect and drag it to the FX track. Click modify to adjust the settings. Yes - you can make it look like a digital clock/timer that counts up from 00:00:00 [hours:minutes: seconds].

If you want to clock to appear as part of a separate lower third, just drag the FX track into a higher numbered position (i.e. down the screen).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cylindrically [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2014 19:45 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Oh Man, thanks loads Tony.

You know, I looked thru those FX things and did not recognize what you pointed out for me. Frankly, in my opinion, the way the FX items are displayed, it's really difficult to tell exactly what many of them do.

Anyway, it took me a little bit of time to get the timestamp set up, but it's great. Just what I needed. Thanks again Tony.