Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ICC Printer Profiles
Briansep [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norwich UK Joined: May 27, 2015 10:35 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
When I go to print settings, ICC, it just says "as printer" and no more...

I assummed I could access my ICC printer profiles from the drop down.....

Am I right or.............

I have the trial version ......
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have a little drop down arrow to the right of the word ICC asPrinter? I do and have many options for my Epson printer. Your options may be different. Have you selected the correct printer?

Why do you want to readjust the print quality/color settings after all the adjustments you made in the program. Sometimes they work against each other. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do have a little arrow to the right, when I click on it I get a drop down with the same message, "as printer".

I thought I would see all my paper profiles as the programs and yes selected the correct Printer a 3880

Regds

Brian
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

The ICC profiles, which relate to colour space, paper type & print quality, are typically installed with your printer and will be displayed under the dropdown Steve pointed out.

If there are no options but "As Printer", PhD will use your printer's current settings. Are you able to modify the settings in your printer interface?

Is your printer an Epson 3880? If so, here are the ICC profiles for it. You may need to install the ones you need.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2015 18:16

PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pix
I have a number of ICC profiles for my 3880, I see these in Photoshop and Aperture ok, but with PD just "as printer".

When I press print, it just prints and does not take me to the 3880 driver where I can can settings....

Redgs
Brian
[Post New]
Brian,

Please excuse my lack of genuine expertise in this, but I've been doing some digging to try to investigate what may be occuring on your PC. You have ICC profiles installed which are recognised by PhotoShop & Aperture, but (apparently) not by PhotoDirector.

On one my PCs where no printer software is installed obviously no ICC profiles are available in PhD's Print module. On another, where two printers are connected, the profiles for each printer are available in PhD. I understand that's stating the bleeding obvious embarassed

Here, in Win 7, the ICC profiles read by PhD are installed at C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color In that folder, there are files with various file extensions, but it's the .icc & .ICM that are recognised by PhD. (the same, but not all, profiles are recognised by Adobe LR)

In Control Panel\Color Management ICC profiles can be selected for various devices, incuding printers.

There may also be something in Devices & Printers, right click for settings/preferences that can be set so that PhotoDirector can "see" them.

I know this reply is more exploratory than definitive, & I apologise for that.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pix

No apology necessary, glad for your help!

PD see's my 3880 ok.... just no Icc's ......

plus I have a Mac.....

I am off to Iceland in the am so this will be put on ice ..... until next week!

Regds

Brian

Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have looked at this again...

Still no dropdown ICC profiles...

Does anyone know where PD expects to find them?

osx 10.10.4
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

plus I have a Mac.....

Brian

That would have been important to put into your first post! surprised

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2015 13:26

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry......

stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry......

I guess I should have mentioned it when you said you also used Aperature ! embarassed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2015 13:32

Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just assumed the whole world used Macs!
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

For a moment, I considered firing up my old OSX Mac, but it's been so long. Hopefully, we can resolve this without getting it out of mothballs!

Does this help you at all? http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=79015.0

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Briansep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pix

All my other applications, PS , Aperture, Pixelmator, Affinity, etc have found the ICC profiles......

So I guess they are in the correct place....

I give up!

Brian

off to walk the dogs now!