Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error in PDVD14 Ultra if BR left on pause for very long
[Post New]
I'm running PowerDVD 14 Ultra 14.0.4704 on Windows 7, and find that if I need to put a disc on pause, after a very short time PDVD raises an error and stops the disc.

This happens even when it's only a short pause, such as long enough to make a cup of coffee. I come back, and find an error dialog as shown in the attached image. Whichever option I choose in the dialog, the disc is stopped and closed.

The dialog says to run the BD Advisor. I've tried that, and my system passes every test. (Besides, the disk's just been playing fine.)

Tech support couldn't offer any help (and didn't seem to understand the problem), so I'd appreciate any suggestions for resolving this.
[Thumb - PowerDVD_Stall.PNG]
 Filename
PowerDVD_Stall.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Error after pausing BR playback
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using the computer hard drive - system or other to play back the disc? As you probably know, USB 3 connections in W8/8.1 turn off automatically unless they are set to not tun off.

I had that issue with an external BR USB 2 burner/player. I bought a USB 3 hub which apparently draws a little bit of power so the computer doesn't see the player as not being used. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Thanks for the thought, stevek. In this case it's an internal optical drive, and this same hardware didn't give me this error on either PowerDVD 12 or 13.

I'm assuming it's a change in PDVD's behaviour, because I haven't changed any configuration details of the drive or the way it's managed in the OS.
[Post New]
Nobody else got any thoughts please?