Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
uninstalling PD 12 before installing PD13
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
1. Is it important to uninstall PD12 before reinstalling PD13? (My hard drive went bad and has been replaced. PD12 came free with my pc and has now been put back on my PC, but I chose to buy PD13 and will have to reinstall it.)

2. What files that I backed up should be put back on my PC?

a. I saved my PD13 projects (packed them) and need to put them back on pc. Is there something special I need to do in order for them to work?

b. I also saved every darn file that said "Cyberlink". Not sure how to determine what should be put back on my pc. I know some of the files are templates but I am guessing other might be just duplicates of things that will come again with reinstalling PD13.

I don't want to cram my computer up with PD13 things that are duplicated and perhaps mess up my use of the software.

I'm very un "techy" so knowing what to do is almost impossible for me.

Thanks
[Post New]
PD13 and its basic packages already installed all or almost all Cyberlink material.

What can you miss your, personal materials.

These you should have copied this location.

C: \ Users \ "your pc name" \ Documents \ CyberLink

Download materials DirectorZone.

C: \ Users \ Public \ CyberLink

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2015 21:18

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rondalee1,

I upgraded from PD12 ULT to PD13 ULT. It was an on-line purchase and download without "upgrade" instructions. Most Upgrade software dectcts if you have an older version and uninstalls it before upgrading. I was suprised to find I still had PD12 after installing PD13. I wasn't sure what I should do so I uninstalled PD12 AFTER installing 13 and I'm still not sure if I did the right thing. Seems strange to me.

I still have PD12 Content Packs (essentials and premium) installed and same PD13 Content Packs as I am not sure the PD13 add-ons have all of the features of 12 - or they may be conflicting so I would also like to know if I should uninstall the old ones??

Maybe ask Support if Forum members can't help. Please let me know what you find as this must be a common problem for most PD13 users who had previos versions.

Thanks,

Al Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The last few versions of PowerDirector co-exist nicely on your PC, with no negative issues (to my knowledge).
Other than for testing purposes to help here on the forum, I see no advantage to having multiple versions. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT