Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pack project
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I am creating a video of just pictures and music. I have decided (because of prior problems) to create a new project for each section of my video. I know I can insert a project into another project so plan to create all 5 sections as a seperate project, pack the project so I can save it to my hard drive.

Once the project has been "packed" can I do this? And is there any reason why this would adversely affect the final project once I have combined them?

Thanks
[Post New]
No problems to pack your entire project.

Needless to pack your project, just when will transfer to another PC, save for more than one month (in some cases) and will discard the original files from your PC.

This just my opinion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2015 14:27

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have had trouble with Cyberlink so I thought I would not loose anything in my project if I saved it to my hard drive.

Are you saying even if I save it to my hard drive it will automatically be removed in about a month?

Is producing the project the only way to save it to my hard drive?

And back to my first question....

1. Is there any downside with making all 5 sections of my video individual projects and then inserting them together?

2. And, if I pack the projects can I still do the above....inserting them together?

Thanks so much I appreciate the time those of you know much much more than I, take to address our questions. Have a great day.
[Post New]
Are you saying even if I save it to my hard drive it will automatically be removed in about a month?

1 - Not exactly, some projects can be created, temporary files.

Example: Audio that was edited in WE, the extracted video picture that was added to the project.

Are deleted after 30 days, that this in PD configurations.

Is producing the project the only way to save it to my hard drive?

2 - Project is program that records everything that has been done on the timeline.

It will work in any time since the files that are part of it is present in the same location on your PC.

Even if relocate some files.

When I opened the PD project.

will show you which file and asks if you want to search or ignore.

Is there any downside with making all 5 sections of my video individual projects and then inserting them together?

3 - In projects with many files or many effects, it may be better to make for parties, I think.

And, if I pack the projects can I still do the above....inserting them together?

4 - Surely you can return to the projects whenever you want.

PD13, not change files used in the project, everything remains intact in its place (folders) in HD

[google translator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2015 15:49

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate