Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error code 02
rytis2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 21, 2015 23:33 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
This is getting insane. powerdirector records my videos at about 17 megs per second, which results in gigantic files, so i found another program debut which records at normal size, may be not quite as good quality but good enough, but powerdirector now can't edit these videos for some error, even though I can play them on windows media player. what is going on, is there a way to just keep things simple so that I could actually do my project? frame rates all different everywhere, bit rates don't match, sampling not the same, file sizes don't match, why can't there be a standard?
[Thumb - error.png]
 Filename
error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
76 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
64 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You are on your own when setting the capture format with that other program. You didn't say what the format or any of the properties are.

If you want a quick solution, convert those files to mpg using a free video file converter. Not a recommendation but what I use is the free 'Any Video Converter" There are others.

You didn't say what setting your used for the capture in PowerDirector 13. What were they? What camocrder are you using. Hogh definition or standard definition. 2D or 3D.

Help us help you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2015 11:11

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Like stevek says, we need more details to help. For one thing, 17Mbps is very low for 1080p HD clips. They typically run at 28-35Mbps, but 17mbps would be high for many SD formats.

The other thing you mention is that PD "records" your videos at that rate. You're free to choose any combination of quality, frame rate and bit rate from the Produce window. What output format have you been producing to? Try using the lower-most drop-down box under the format buttons to choose a lower quality setting.

I understand your frustration with "why can't there be a standard," but the answer is that all of these formats are standards! There is no one-size-fits-all format that will work for every situation all the time, but you'll probably find that you can get good results when producing to MP4. Run a sample test clip through and Produce at different quality settings. That'll be a lot quicker than waiting around and producing a whole project several times.

You should be able to find the best settings for your desired file size and quality pretty quickly, and you just choose that format every time you make a new video. That also eliminates the need to convert your files to another format with a 3rd party app.

I hope this helps!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2015 11:52

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
rytis2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 21, 2015 23:33 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You are on your own when setting the capture format with that other program. You didn't say what the format or any of the properties are.

If you want a quick solution, convert those files to mpg using a free video file converter. Not a recommendation but what I use is the free 'Any Video Converter" There are others.

You didn't say what setting your used for the capture in PowerDirector 13. What were they? What camocrder are you using. Hogh definition or standard definition. 2D or 3D.

Help us help you.
Thanks Stevek, I have another related question (this ones about sinching) - I see option 29.97 frame rate or 30 rame rate, where do I set everything to the same frame rate so that it would not lose synch with audio after a few minutes? In the powerdirector 13 I think I have everything set to 30 fps, but what about audio, where do I set the frames to match for that?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The frame rate is just for the video. There's no corresponding adjustment for the audio other than the bit rate, and that's actually a measure of sound quality, not speed or "frames/sec."

The audio track is separate from the video and has its own internal timekeeping, so you don't need to tell PD anything to keep it synced with any video or other audio tracks.

Also, setting the frame rate in PD doesn't change anything in your original clips - it's used to produce output files at whatever frame rate you choose. PD will automatically convert the video in your original clips to the format you set on the Produce page.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2015 14:23

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°