Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Aspect ratio of templates
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I am doing a video in 16:9 and clearly downloaded only 16:9 templates. When modifying most of the title templates (adding text) and then saving them I get a pop up message saying this is 4:3 and I have to change my video to 4:3 to use the modified template. I have saved them anyway and they look as if they are 16:9 but who knows.

I've sent a message to Cyberlink technical support, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Does anyone know why this is happening or what I am doing wrong when I modify a title template...or any other template for that matter?

If I use them anyway will it mess up my video?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rondalee -

It looks a bit silly to me! (the alert message, I mean)

If your project is 16:9 then only 16:9 templates will be present in the library... titles, PiP Objects etc. If your project is 16:9, you'd need to switch it to 4:3 in order to insert a 4:3 template - in which case PDR shouldn't be throwing up an alert.

It won't mess up your video. The only time it wouldn't look right would be if there was a 4:3 background image in the template, and that can be removed anyway.

In a 16:9 project, you can temporarily switch to 4:3, insert a title template (from the 4:3 library) then switch the project back to 16:9... and it will look perfectly fine (mainly because it's surrounded by transparent space).

Don't worry about it laughing

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2015 17:43

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony. I thought it should be okay but was not sure. This forum seems to be way more helpful that Cyberlink.