Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
setting frame rate 30 vs 29.97 fps question
rytis2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 21, 2015 23:33 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
I've been having issues with audio going out of sync with video, and now I got this message (snapshot included) but when I check in the edit/preferences it does say it's 30 fps. so what is the problem? where do I need to set what differently to have it in sync?
[Thumb - frame rate advice.png]
 Filename
frame rate advice.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
408 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
I saw the other thread, and also am interested in the solution.
I find I get audio/video out of sync when I clip out a lot of sections of the video. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
I some times byt not always, wonder about the inconsistency, get out of sync when I have mixed videos and images and change duration on an image. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Tell us where and how you got the clip onto your computer.

Out of sync issues are often caused by dropped frames.

Common issues arter defragmented hard drive or other programs taking attention away from the capture (if that is what you are doing) or programs taking away from the editing. Antivirus and other helper programs will do that. If you turn off all other programs while you are capturing or editing and still have the problem and have defragged your hard drive (if not a SSD), turn off all other programs that start when you boot.

msconfig and/or Soluto will tell you what start up when you boot. Soluto will tell you what can safely delayed or set to not start automatically. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.