Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing Clip on Timeline
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
(I'm new to PowerDirector so please excuse my lack of experience.)

I placed many clips onto my timeline and as I place a clip, I view it and either split it and delete the parts I don't want, or trim it. Something annoying is happening and I hope there's something I'm doing wrong that you can help me solve...

Let's say I'm viewing the last clip on my timeline in the preview window and it is set to "Clip" and not "Movie". At the end of the clip, the timeline mark (is it called the scrubber?) moves me right back to the beginning of the first clip on my timeline and in the preview window the setting changes from "Clip" to "Movie".

I want to STAY on that last clip (or any clip) that I'm currently viewing and editing. I don't want to have to scroll my way back to the end or to the particular clip on the timeline that I'm working on.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I'm answering my own question here...

What I was doing for simple edits of a clip was dropping the clip onto my Timeline, playing it with start/stop and then Splitting it. Then deleting the part I didn't want to keep. And when playing that clip, at the end it would jump right back to the very beginning of the first clip instead of staying on the clip I was working on.

I just switched to using Trim, with Single Trim, to do the same thing. It seems easier to control this way, and I can view and edit over and over without getting jumped back to the beginning of my movie. And of course the Multi Trim works just as well.

So I guess I shouldn't have been using Split.

Unless there's something else I was missing.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Let's say I'm viewing the last clip on my timeline in the preview window and it is set to "Clip" and not "Movie". At the end of the clip, the timeline mark (is it called the scrubber?) moves me right back to the beginning of the first clip on my timeline and in the preview window the setting changes from "Clip" to "Movie".

There is a setting in PD 13 Preferences > Editing.
"Switch to movie mode automatically during playback" If Checked will cause that condition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2015 16:00

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Eldor
[Post New]
Thank you, Carl!!!

That's exactly what I needed!

Cheers!