Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cleaner utility for uninstalling?
[Post New]
Hi all,
There used to be a Cleaner utility for uninstalling PowerDVD, but I can't find any reference to it on this site.

Does anyone know if there's a current version, and if so, where I can get access to it?

(I'm having a bit of trouble with PDVD 14 Ultra, and I've already tried an uninstall/re-install, but I'd like to try a more thorough job of it, if that's possible. I'm not convinced the Windows Uninstall routine is exactly diligent in its task, so I'd like to give it a hand.)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
At you own risk !

I always use the free Revo Uninstaller in the MODERATE MODE only. If you have already partially uninstalled Power DVD then download the trial version of Revo Uninstaller PRO. Again only the Moderate Mode. The Pro give you the ability to clean up partially uninstalled programs by searching for them.

Note that the disclaimer above is just a CYA. I have never had any issue with it nor have anyone else that I know of. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Thanks stevek, but while I'm trying to debug problems with PDVD I don't really want to muddy the waters by introducing another unknown into the mix.

So, that's a no on the Cyberlink utility, then?