Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple crawling titles - it's so ridiculous
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I know, it has been said many times but right now I'd feel ashamed if I had to show PD to my friends.

A few lines of inserted text (compiled by a friend) for a simple end title crawl and it brings PD 12 completely to its knees. Rien ne va plus. It's simply impossible. Am I supposed to type it directly in, by hand? Sigh... probably...

Please, this HAS to change in PD 14, hopefully my next PD version. How can that be anyway? It's only text, for crying out loud!
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Alessandro:

I concur. The scrolling end credits module is a pig, and it has been that way for several versions now.

I have resorted to creating my credits in Notepad++ and then pasting them. It is a less aggravating approach than trying to actually type in the title box, but it is FAR from satisfactory.

I have been complaining, as have others, about this "simple" issue for some years. Cyberlink appears to be deaf to our appeals.

Apart from that, I am really happy with PD12, and I have not upgraded to PD13 because of the many negative comments in the PD13 Forum. I don't think PD13 was a step forward, from what I have read.

Have a great day, despite PD12 and its scrolling end credits.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, at least I'm not the only one.

Your post - my thoughts exactlyl! ;-)