Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
neophyte trying to understand PiP
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I know that PiP means picture in picture, but I don't get what the potential is.

What I'd love to do is what I see often on the Colbert Report and John Stewart shows- where, while talking to the camera - a small video window opens up next to them with whatever funny stuff they put in it.

My thought is- I'd like to be able to give a discussion on subjects while sitting in my Lazy Boy chair in my study- while talking, a video window will open up next to me with scrolling text- it could look sort of like a blackboard with that text, scrolling or not- or that window could simply have another video illustrating what I'm talking about.

Is this possible with PD 13 Ultra? Or is my idea of what PiP is, completely wrong?

I've been reading the manual, but it's not sinking in.

Joe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The best way to get a handle on what you can do with the various parts of Powerdirector is to watch some very good tutorials made by users of Powerdirector.

PDtoots Tutorials
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41501.page

For the ones on PIP, check the tutorials under the heading PiP Designer .
The uses for PIP is close to unlimited.
I think it is one of the most powerful tools we have in a video editor.

I think Titles comes in a close second.
Heading is Text & Titles.

Have fun and enjoy Video Editing.

Carl Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Carl, thanks for that link to the YouTube videos. I only saw one so far and it blew my mind: "Making and using frames." That one shows exactly what I'm looking for and way more.

So far, in just a few days, I'm incredibly impressed with PD.
Joe
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
In short, it is possible and those videoa will show you how. PiP, keyframes to resize the window, then play your video. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM