Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
trial version of PD 13 installed Norton anti virus
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
What gives with the trial version of PD 13 installing Norton AV?? I wouldn't mind if the installation routine OFFERED to install it- but I don't recall any such offer. Since I already had another AV program installed, installing Norton AV on top it could have caused problems.
Joe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What gives with the trial version of PD 13 installing Norton AV?? I wouldn't mind if the installation routine OFFERED to install it- but I don't recall any such offer. Since I already had another AV program installed, installing Norton AV on top it could have caused problems.
Joe

Where did you get the PD 13 Trial version?

As far as I know directly from Cyberlink is clean with no extra software.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2014 11:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
I don't remember on my trial to have installed any other software...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JoeZ79 -

As has been suggested, CL products don't come with unwanted extras (except occasional software glitches).

You possibly picked up Norton if you recently updated your Adobe Flash Player. With that installer there's one little checkbox to uncheck to avoid getting Norton as well.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I'm fairly certain I downloaded the trial version direct from Cyberlink's web site- just to be safe. But, maybe not- anyway, no big deal- if any Cyberlink people are reading this, please be sure to not add any other software.
Joe
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As has been suggested, CL products don't come with unwanted extras (except occasional software glitches).

The suggestion currently appears incorrect, CL products come with occasional software glitches and add on packages even when downloaded directly from the CL website, one just needs to be vigilant and uncheck the extras.

Jeff
[Thumb - CL downloads.png]
 Filename
CL downloads.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
650 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for setting me straight Jeff -

I'm happy to be shown to be incorrect if it means better information for members.

Puts me right off, that does! Like when those "Update Driver" ads started appearing in the DirectorZone pages.

Apologies to the OP for my misguided assertion.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!