Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to update a photo on the timeline ?
[Post New]
Hello,

I have imported the abc.jpg file to the PD13 media room, an dropped it on the timeline, later I have modified the abc.jpg file from the source folder by photoshop or any other app.

Q: How to update this photo on the timeline without re-import it ?

Regards

Yousef

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2014 08:23

[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I have imported the abc.jpg file to the PD13 media room, an dropped it on the timeline, later I have modified the abc.jpg file from the source folder by photoshop or any other app.

Q: How to update this photo on the timeline without re-import it ?

Regards

Yousef

Save the edited photo with the same name.

need to rename the original photo in this case.

option:
Photo saved with with another file name extension.

renames the original photo.

When you open the project in PD. will be asked to check the photo, point to the edited photo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2014 09:37

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
When you open the project in PD. will be asked to check the photo, point to the edited photo.

Thank you for your reply.

This means that I have to close & re-open the PD to update the photo, but this is not logic & not worth, my request is to update the photo during my working on the PD & not to re-open.

Can CyberLink solve this matter in upcoming version ?

Regards,

Yousef

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Yousefz:

Playsound has given you good advice. With PD not running. Rename the photo and then edit it. Save the edited with the original unedited photo name that you had in your project and in the same folder. PD should find the edited and use it when the project is next opened.

PowerDirector does not save photos, audio, and video in its project files. The .pds file just contains information on where the media are and what edits were applied.

I am not sure why Cyberlink would want change this feature. Just my two cents. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Quote: This means that I have to close & re-open the PD to update the photo, but this is not logic & not worth, my request is to update the photo during my working on the PD & not to re-open.
Can CyberLink solve this matter in upcoming version ?
Regards,
Yousef

I think PD. may add this feature in the future for use with PhotoDirector, as already makes WaveEditor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2014 16:59

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
I think PD. may add this feature in the future for use with PhotoDirector, as already makes WaveEditor.

Yes, Playsound this is what we are looking from CyberLink to have update feature for the photos on PD while we update the original .

Regards,

Yousef

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2014 08:02