Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Picking up from another thread; Forum content
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
SoNic67 wrote:

I totally agree, on all of the public forums the hardware part sometimes is getting into the way of creativity part.
Why? Because is only thing that can yield objective results, fit for public discussion.

I agree – to some extent, but then I disagree – to some extent.
Regarding all the technical issues and questions here, I think those things also are
subjective; built on experience, preferences and knowledge harbored through studying,
reading and perhaps both formal and informal education.
Learning technical stuff is hard work and sampled over years.
Creativity – is also hard work, sampled over years and developed through studying
and perhaps both formal and informal education.

I have only 1 year formal education in computing on Uni level. The rest of my compiled
education is on other subjects. And yet I spend more time by the computer than
I spend time with the other subject areas.
I compare a personal computer to a motorbike; it has to start and run. The speed of it
is not all that important. It’s being the great device that enables you to go places, see things,
document things- and when back in the garage you can express what you encountered –
not only by words or photos or video or sound or music – but all at once!

It's the nature of the beast, we are not all artists, but we are all tinkerers.
I know that that bothers the creative minds, but that is anyway their curse - to be alone with their imagination.
Sorry.

“Artist” may hold various definitions, especially in this time we are living in.
Mostly, these days, the word reflects a person (or persons) being on a stage.
To be creative – or creativeness – means something different (to me);
I like to emphasize sensitivity and imagination, and I very much object to that being a curse.
Also, browsing a few minutes on YouTube or Vimeo, one discovers all but loneliness.
Today this concept is all around us- everywhere. If you apply for a vacant job it’s there.
Any job, it seems.

Through the years, this forum has given me a few great, creative friends.
You do not see some of them chime in very often these days.
Several times “we” have asked CL to set up 2 forums for PD; 1 technical and 1 creative and production.
So far it has not come to reality and I sadly don’t think it will.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com