Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Codecs and os for Powerdirector 12
djfrosty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Feb 27, 2013 17:58 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Does Powerdirector 12 Support Windows 8.1 64 bit ?

Whould powerdirector 12 working with K-Lite Mega Codecs, or what do u sugest ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Does Powerdirector 12 Support Windows 8.1 64 bit ?

Whould powerdirector 12 working with K-Lite Mega Codecs, or what do u sugest ?

Q:Does Powerdirector 12 Support Windows 8.1 64 bit ?
A: Yes, I use that OS.

Q:Whould powerdirector 12 working with K-Lite Mega Codecs, or what do u sugest ?
A: I have not needed to apply a codec pack since XP. Most video will work fine in PDR and it is only in my opinion the obscure video formats that would require an odd codec to be read by your system. If you have "alternative" players for QuickTime for example you may run into problems. I always install QuickTime (and have Media Player and VLC) and the codecs it offers and have not had any bother reading numerous videos I have and what members have provided as samples here on the forum. I find codecs pack an unnecessary addition these days and don't bother with them at all. Just my opinion. Others have different experiences, different set ups and opinions.

Some screen capture video use a proprietary codec and it is these codecs often covered by a codec pack (de-coding the driver used to compress the video). When I use a screen capture program and intend to share the video, I avoid using, if possible, the proprietary avi (carrier of various compressed and un-compressed codec) format and instead choose wmv, mpeg2 or mp4 - these commonly used codec are more widely read by computers and players.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2014 14:20

djfrosty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Feb 27, 2013 17:58 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
ok i'll Try u sugest :