Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions (03/2017-07/2017)
mimix1004 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 01, 2017 17:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hello, when will you add the tool for changing initial point of view in 360 videos ?

you can see many people there waiting this essential function...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49584.page

and when will you add object tracking tool on 360 videos?
Appogee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2013 14:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I really need to be able to crop video and output it in custom resolutions (eg. 720x80).

And also, to be able to putput as animated gifs.

I am having a terrible time with PD15 trying to create animated gif banners. While I can create the videos, cropping them and outputting them to necessary sizes constantly fails due to aspect ratio issues.

Alternative products - eg. Wondershare Filmora - offer this functionality. I don't want to switch from PD15 to Filmora... but I will if I need to.

Note: a Google search will show you dozens of other customers who have tried unsuccessfully to find a way to use PD in this way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2017 07:08

will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I would like an easier way to add text...........no fancy balloons or stuff ...Just adding text and in that dialogue box have a time for how long you want it to be displayed for when you insert it

So I type a 60 word description of something and I want to insert it for 15 seconds...I just want a simple box for this

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03. 2017 05:37

Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PowerDirector now for 3 years and all my videos (bar one) on my youtube channel are edited via PowerDirector. So here are some of the things I would like to see.

Improvements

• If there is a button or menu controler it needs to have a short cut key. And they need to be programmable. For me personally I use these short cut keys in my X-Keys Controller. ie; there is no short cut key to "view entire movie" (that I can see) yet there is a button on the time line.

• I would like to see a third party plug-ins interface to allow various plug ins.

• Media Library sorting with with folders each Project with Audio, Image, Video, folders. With the possibility of adding more folders for different camera sources etc.

• The ability to lock a group of clips as one. Once locked you can not edit them till unlocked. While still movable on the time line but delete and moving other objects on the time line do not interfer with this group in anyway. At present grouped objects can still be go west if I delete something off the time line... it can still mess with this grouping... it needs to be locked.New feature

Ideas

• Easy stop go motion plug in. (or allow plug ins)

• Better built in titling with out having to use titler pro... (or allow plug ins)

• Pre-made scripts and drivers for various hardware controllers like X-Keys and other devices.

As discussed in my previous post I personally would like to see PD produce a prosumer and a professional version ... I would definetly by the the proversion... Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Remove in-house music from menus! Or tell us how to get rid of it! My Road Map menu is a CL creation but I am stuck with that insipid soundtrack. AAAAARGH! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
LouisV [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 10, 2013 18:43 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice if the duration of a clip could be implemented to a range of clips in one time. With clips I mean titles. Suppose you have 25 titles and you want to change the duration of all the titles, one has to change them manually 25 times. Multiple selection and inserting one value for all of them would be very handy.

LouisV
LouisV [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 10, 2013 18:43 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Forgot to mention the following.

When you edit the sound of a clip in PD via AudioDirector, the result always will directed to \user\documents\CL ... and so on. It would be nice if the change made to the audio would automatically be placed in the directory of the original clip with the name of the original clip, followed by a version number or something of a kind.

LouisV
FinnMK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Japan Joined: Dec 17, 2014 10:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
A crucial editing feature for handling 360 degree footage is setting the
initial viewing angle for each clip. Even in 360, there are more and
less intersting things going on around the camera, and I'd like to point
the viewer in the right direction even if he or she can then choose to
turn somewhere else. Everybody who edited 360 degree footage knows how
important and useful this feature would be. I bought PD 15 for its
avertised ability to "edit" VR videos. Please add this function as an
update to 15. Thanks.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
With the coming of 4K monitors with far larger screens/desktop work area than we had a few years ago, it would be useful for PDR to 'remember' it's current settings when closing down. I used to built this functionality into the 'in-house' apps that I used to create and it's not an unusual feature to have. I'm surprised it has never been implemented.
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
1) Delete all spaces from a track (or selection)

If I line up my footage, then cut out parts I don't want to use, I am left with a timeline full of fragments, that need to be pulled together. It would be great if I can just delete all spaces and am left with a continuous video. Now I have to move each slice by hand.

2) Export a selection only

My current project now weighs in at 7.9 GB to render. I would like to be able to check the quality at given points in the movie and would like to export snippets only. Also handy to create quick excerpts for promotional use, without needing to create a separate project for that.

If any this is already possible please direct me in the right direction. I've tried to find this in the program and help file but did not see it.

regards, Frank
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"2) Export a selection only"

Use the Produce Range function.

Help File, Index, Produce Range gives the details.

Select the range that you wish to produce using the yellow range markers on either side of the timeline scrubber. As you do so, the Produce Range option is activated. Make your production choices as normal.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - produce range.PNG]
 Filename
produce range.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)
MattC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2016 12:12 Messages: 102 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

At the suggestion of someone on another thread, I have some suggestions.

1. Timeshifting a clip. The ability to shift the timing of a clip within its start and end positions. I.e. scroll the clip without having to move the clip's start and end points. This caused a lot of confusion in the thread I started http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62692.page , so I thought I'd produce a video to help explain. See attached.

2. Hold 'Primary 2D and Secondary 2D Display' setting. When this is set, a second monitor shows the preview. But this setting does not hold when PDR14 (at least) is restarted. It reverts to 'Off'.

3. Temp suspend previous project loading. The ability to load the previous project is useful, and can be turned off. However, what might be useful is the ability to load PDR without loading the previous. Some of my projects can take a minute or more to load, which is not a problem. But sometimes, when I just want to do a little something else on PDR I have to wait for it to load, then click 'New'. If I know that the previous project is a long loader, then having the ability to load PDR without the previous would be quite good - say opening it whilst holding the shift/ctrl key. Or perhaps the ability to 'excape' whilst it is loading the previous - instantly reverting to a 'New' state.

Incidentally, I like GhostDancer's suggestion re: merging projects and loading produced videos back in. These have always be a (small) bane for me, too.

Thanks

Matt
 Filename
Time Shifting 1280.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1154 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1647 time(s)
PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.