Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Barry The Crab asked: "Since when would one want to reduce the resolution from 1920x1080 back to HD 1280 x 720 when the original video clip is HD 1920x1080??"

Quite simple really, Barry!

If all you have is a DVD rewrite drive, you have to taylor your videos to suit that medium if they're going to be played on domestic DVD players.

Blu-Ray, for all its extra capacity and image quality, is still at a price outside some people's limits, and still has some limitations, so it's a matter of "making do with what you've got"!

Cheers!

Neil.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
The PowerDirector 13 suggestions were constantly monitored by a member of CyberLink staff and passed onto the R&D department for consideration. The same monitoring has been initiated for this thread.........Posts will be read by CyberLink.
Dafydd

Good! Then I have a simple request:-

The Menu Designer is, without question, one of the most clunky, frustrating and non-intuitive pieces of software I've ever had the misfortune to use. If you really want to improve Power Director take a clean piece of paper AND START AGAIN!!

Then I might - just - be persuaded to buy yet another upgrade. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Mike!

I'm yet to burn a disc using PD14 but will get there eventually when I've got enough material together to warrant a disc burn. Then I'll be able to evaluate the process for myself.

Cheers!

Neil.
JosephM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'd like to be able to scroll through the editing window with my mouse scroll wheel.

For example, When I'm editing a tall text box with the Scroll Up effect (to create credits). I can't scroll unless I click&drag the scroll bar. Also the ability for the window to auto scroll when using the arrow keys disappeared.

Thank you

Scrollable feature is a must for all interface. I did request since 2014, but no changes have been make to date. See the attached screenshot. It really annoying without able to scroll it.
[Thumb - Screenshot_13.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot_13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
179 time(s)
[Post New]
A feature I would like to see is 3D rotation (X,Y, and Z) for P.I.P. objects. In Pinnacle Studio it is just as easily done as 2D rotation (X,Y) I can't understand why PowerDirector hasn't had it before now. I keep hoping that it really is possible and that I just haven't found it yet!

Randy Wright

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2015 11:13

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, RandyWright1557

Your suggestion prompted me to try something in PD14. The 3D-rotation X, Y and Z is definitely not available for PiP objects as it is for the 3D-Text, so 3D-rotation would be a good inclusion.

Cheers!

Neil.
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Speaking of PiP objects:

What good is an object like the rather small "facebook hand" (with a short blue background line for a text) THAT CANNOT BE ALTERED?? At all?! I tried to change the size of the hand, even the position (it's in the lower left corner of the screen!) but nothing, it wouldn't let me do anything. All you can do is put in a short text which miraculously has to fit the blue background area.

All this is just a nonsense toy but not a tool.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2015 08:24

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, Alessandro!

Try sourcing an image of the "hand" from elsewhere, like your facebook page. Bring your page up and look for the hand symbol you want, then press "PrtScn"(Print Screen) on your keyboard, it will be above the "Insert" button in the group between the alpha keyboard and the numeric keyboard. Then open up Microsoft "Paint" and paste the resultant image clipboard in(Ctrl+V is a quick keyboard shortcut), crop down to the wanted "hand" image and save it as a bitmap, jpeg, PNG or GIF file(whichever suits your purpose) You now have your Facebook "hand" in a readily manipulatable format.

Cheers!

Neil.
Steve Slechta [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis, MO, USA Joined: Apr 28, 2015 09:10 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Prior to Screen Recorder being released in PDR 14, I was using Bandicam to record screen audio/video. Screen Recorder seems to choose the default integrated sound card on my PC. I use an external USB audio interface for all my audio needs, a Focusrite device.

Since I do not use the integrated sound card, I cannot record audio through Screen Recorder. The feature that Bandicam has that I'm not seeing in PDR 14 is the ability to pick any sound device connected to the PC to record audio from. If this "source picker" existed, I could dump Bandicam and rely on CL for both capture and editing. Steve S.
Windows 10 64-bit / Dell Precision T5400 / Dual Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz Quad Cores / 10 GB RAM / EVGA GTX 970 / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB HD / PD14 Ultimate
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Pleaaase fix this terrible bug:

I have an end title crawl and a background for that on another track, and when I put a fade out on the background it inexplicably fades out the crawl on the other track too (!), but -and here it gets bizarre- the crawl fades out slightly BEFORE the background and then COMES BACK FOR A SPLIT SECOND, only to vanish for good! This has driven me nuts more than once.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Page Curl, Fold, and Roll transitions should be made to open the opposite way from right to left as western books and asian books and documents all open that way. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46235.page . Those books in Theme designer also need to be changed for those users who do not have competitor's software created in western or european countries. In modern day Taiwan school books open right to left.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2015 16:36

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The Page Curl, Fold, and Roll transitions should be made to open the opposite way from right to left as western books and asian books and documents all open that way. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46235.page . Those books in Theme designer also need to be changed for those users who do not have competitor's software created in western or european countries. In modern day Taiwan school books open right to left.

That's already available(regarding the Page Roll/Fold/Curl transitions) in PD14. I used these recently when editing some old material for a friend after using CLPV to convert from 4:3 to 16:9 Aspect Ratio. When you apply the transitions and set the time length for them, click on modify, Under the option for Overlap transition, you'll see the option for Direction. Click there to tell the transition to go left or right.

Cheers!

Neil.

Had to edit - Keyboard Gremlins, you see! "Tell" ended up as "Thell" but has been corrected... Curse those Keyboard Gremlins!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2015 05:44

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I RANTED for 3 versions of PowerDirector to do something about the bassackward page-turn transitions before it was "fixed". I don't use the Theme Designer so the reverse book got by me. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
A suggestion for Power Director 15......? Allow burning at DVD SP!

I was about to try out PD14 Ultra for my first DVD authoring attempt(burn to disc, in other words) but the only settings available were either HQ or "Smart Fit"... Sorry, but that just doesn't "cut it" with me. Just as well I kept PD8 Ultra.

I like to pack as much content as possible onto a DVD. I strive to put at minimum, 90 minutes, but, if I can, I like to put upwards of 2 hours worth of content on a disc. In PD8, that's a "walk in the park", no problem at all! But in PD14 I hit the proverbial "brick wall" as I cannot select DVD SP as the specification for disc burning. Am I missing something here? Is there a setting I can make that will allow me to burn DVD SP through PD14 Ultra? Until that question is answered, PD14 Ultra will be used solely for capture and/or edit work, occasionally sprucing up old VHS content(AR conversion, image clean-up and suchlike) but authoring to disc will be strictly the preserve of PD8 Ultra!

Cheers!

Neil.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Neil - That is a good catch about the Page Curl/Fold/Roll transitions. The default is the still the same as before but now can be changed with modify. Thank you for that.

I have access to many versions of PD but find PD11 crash soon after being launched now. Tried the windows compatibility troubleshooter, switching from AMD to Intel graphics and it still crashes. Will work on that later. Don't know if installing PD14 caused it, a windows update, or what as I don't normally launch a PD previous version except to answer questions on this forum. Tried to find out about the Page Transitions and the DVD SP mode.

All PD versions from 14 thru 9 can burn a dvd at HQ, SP, LP, and SmartFit modes in 4x3 as far as I know. You mention VHS content which is 4x3. It is the 16x9 setting that only has HQ and Smartfit. I would not use the SP or LP modes without checking the resolution of the video it creates on dvd first. On the versions of PD that I did check, it is 352x480. Others claim 352x480 for ntsc. It would be 352x576 for pal. You can check your previous 4x3 dvd created in PD8 or PD7 to see what the largest .vob file properties are created in SP. Post the result here. Is it 720 or 360 or 352x576 on your previous created PD8 or PD7 SP DVD???

Thank you again for your contributions to this forum.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Tomasc!

What's happened here it that I've taken some old VHS content(which was dubbed to VHS from Video-8 and Hi-8 camera tape*) and, after capture to hard-drive through PD8 Ultra, I then set about using the CLPV system to convert the material from 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio. After tidying up and adding titles in PD14 Ultra to this material(four items ranging in length from a little over 5 minutes, up to over half-an-hour), the total playing time for the DVD would've been just a smidgin over 1 hour, 40 minutes! Having installed PD14 Ultra, it's only natural that I'd want to burn a disc using this new software. But when I went to the setting for DVD HQ or DVD SP, there was no SP option, only HQ or "Smart Fit". As I said, it was just as well I retained PD8 Ultra as I was able to do there, what I could not do in PD14 Ultra.... burn a DVD in the SP mode. Is there a provision for default settings which will give me that DVD SP option in PD14 Ultra so that I can burn 16:9 AR video at DVD SP in future?

*It's surprising how well Hi-8 and Video-8 camera tapes reproduce when dubbed to VHS. The resultant tape content lends itself very well to being "captured" for making DVDs with no real loss of picture quality, but dub an original VHS to another VHS and you get a near-ugly mess of a picture when you try to "capture" the video for a DVD.

Cheers!

Neil
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a provision for default settings which will give me that DVD SP option in PD14 Ultra so that I can burn 16:9 AR video at DVD SP in future?
Neil

Sadly no. It does sound like those options are only available in PD8 and 7. You have indicated that the quality is good for what you are doing. These are good reasons why users retain at least 1 previous version of PD. Each new version can have features removed and new features added as we all find out.

Maybe Cyberlink can add this back to PD15 as it can help users that still prefer this setting.
[Post New]
I am doing mostly a short clips for our LED screens. What I found extermly difficult/inconvenient, is the work with Text (Titles). It is so much easier to edit text in e.g. PowerPoint, animate it, etc.

I know we are talking different kind of products, yet I would welcomer more professional titler. Pity bundled Titler Pro does not work on my ntb due to the lack of more powerful gfx card ...
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Is there a provision for default settings which will give me that DVD SP option in PD14 Ultra so that I can burn 16:9 AR video at DVD SP in future?
Neil

Sadly no. It does sound like those options are only available in PD8 and 7. You have indicated that the quality is good for what you are doing. These are good reasons why users retain at least 1 previous version of PD. Each new version can have features removed and new features added as we all find out.

Maybe Cyberlink can add this back to PD15 as it can help users that still prefer this setting.

Hello, Tomasc!

Absolutely a must for Power Director 15! The ability to burn discs at DVD SP quality was/is a vital component of previous Power Director versions, particularly as it enabled the user to put upwards of 2 hours of content onto a disc(one could actually get up to 2 hours 25 minutes onto a typical 4.7Gb disc at DVD SP setting, and it's for that reason I have retained PD8 Ultra). Yes, the image quality is good for my purposes. I make DVDs to be played on domestic DVD players, mainly of home movies that I've made(family gatherings for Xmas or other events, New Year fireworks, Easter camping trips... the usual things!) And I like to fit them all on one disc rather than have to spread the content across two or three discs, that's where DVD SP burning really comes in handy.

Cheers!

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see FULL integration of Sonic Fire Pro plugin, or at the very least update Smartsound to utilize the ability to adjust the instrument levels in multi layer tracks. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's another thought re: what to put in PD15, more like put back into Power Director. In PD8's Fix/Enhance there is a provision to view in split-screen, the fix or enhance effect on the right of screen, against the unaffected image on the left of screen. This facility allows the user to gauge the degree of fixing or enhancing that a video image sourced from analogue tape(VHS, Beta, Video-8 or Hi- requires to bring it up to a level roughly equal to that of modern video images derived from digital sources. This facility is not available in PD14 and I'm not sure which was the last version to include this split-screen facility. Was it still there in PD9, 10, 11 or 12?

Cheers!

Neil.