Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fix/Enhance -> ColorDirector -> Color Effect Bug
[Post New]
Hi,

I did a search for this, and found this same issue in the ColorDirector forum. But I'm thinking that forum addresses the full ColorDirector module, not simply this one feature embedded in PD12. So just to be sure, I'm posting the issue here so the right people are seeing this.

Very simply, when I apply a Color Effect to a clip (say Sunny Day) then decide against it and uncheck it (deselect it), all seems fine until I restart PD12, and voila it's back, even though the menu still shows it unchecked. To rid it again, you can select/deselect Color Effect, but it's fruitless. Saving the file and restarting the program brings the effect right back.

I'm not the only one having this problem, it's well documented in the ColorDirector forum. Just wondering if anyone else has a workaround for this, or has heard anything from Cyberlink about it.

Thanks much! Windows 10 64 Bit
ASUS Z87 Pro MB BIOS 2103
i7-4770K Haswell OC'd to 4.3Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 1600Mhz
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 v368.22
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB (Rapid Mode)
Power Director 14 Ultimate 64 Bit
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Dryslot -

I'm just repeating the reply I offered in the CDR forum - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30244.page#201602 - with a screen capture to illustrate. It's not really a ColorDirector forum issue anyway.

There is no workaround, except to install the latest Beta patch or to wait for the next official patch release.

The Color Effect issues corrected with the 2915 beta patch are:
1. Color Effect reapplied when re-opening project, despite being unchecked.
2. Color Effect retained in Menu preview, despite being unchecked.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Color Effect.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3315 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
242 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Many thanks Tony,

Yes, I was a bit confused (still am actually) as to which forum to post in since it appears there's a full fledged ColorDirector module that's sold separately for around $130. So I wanted to make sure this issue was in front of PD12 users in addition to only those who own the full copy of ColorDirector.

I don't even know if I'm making sense, ha!

Thanks again!

Eric Windows 10 64 Bit
ASUS Z87 Pro MB BIOS 2103
i7-4770K Haswell OC'd to 4.3Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 1600Mhz
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 v368.22
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB (Rapid Mode)
Power Director 14 Ultimate 64 Bit