Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to let a PiP clip glide into the background (but as a "3D" effect)?
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Meaning, a video clip appears e.g. in a star field and slowly flies into the background while becoming smaller, BUT: the clip "surface" should be tilted towards the background on a vertical axis, so if I let the clip move from left to right the right side of the clip frame would be smaller than the left side. A little like the clip would be sucked into a black hole if you know what I mean. (A little like what the classic yellow "Star Wars" story text does, but not tilted on a horizontal axis (bottom to top) but a vertical one (left to right))

I can't find any method to alter the clip frame - it either becomes smaller (aspect ratio intact) or just compressed vertically or horizontally but not just on one side. Any help, please?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2014 11:24

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alessandro -

It would be worth taking a look at this toot on using the freeform keyframes, in combination with scale & motion. Using these together allows you to create (within the 2D parameters) any motion you want.

http://youtu.be/fXS_I3Pn72s

Basically, you'd probably want to set your keyframes something like this...

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - FF Keyframes Spin Away.png]
 Filename
FF Keyframes Spin Away.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
439 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
269 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2014 16:06

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Wow again! Thank you so very much, that's it exactly.

I can freely alter the four corners of the image, that's easy. Moving is also no problem, neither is making the image smaller.

But: I can't figure out how to make the image spin (at least a little) on its vertical axis. How do you do that? And while we're at it: Can you make the image rotate completely on the vertical axis?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 16. 2014 10:07

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

You cannot genuinely make an object spin on its vertical axis in PD... because (in real life) when an object spins on its vertical axis you see the back of it.

Using 3D_Like titles, you can create the illusion of spinning. You can also (kind of) do that in PiP Designer.

There's a little packed project attached. Have a look at how the keyframes are set. In the first motion, you'll see the object doesn't spin around - it turns 90° then turns back again (i.e. not a proper spin!).

Anyway - have a play with it.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Spin.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
225 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I can just repeat myself. Wow, thank you for your kindest help and efforts. I will definitely have a close look!