Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to "motion-customize" a big slideshow (sigh)
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I want to produce a slideshow of 200 or more photos from a journey and love the "Motion" theme since via "Customize" I can bring the exact movement I want into the photos.

BUT: I can't possibly modify all 200 in one session so my question is: WHY can't I just save my project at a certain point to continue later? Or what if my PC crashes at slide 199 and everything before is lost? When I click "OK" it produces a slideshow of all slides (customized ones and the rest) but when I open it again for modifying the next few all my already modified slides have some random movement again!!!

Also it fades to black at the last slide so even if I only load 20 photos at a time I have an unwanted fade at the end which is extremely annoying when I want to continue with the next batch because the faded photo at the end of batch 1 and the first one of batch 2 can never be combined satisfactorily because of the fade out - I would have to make the last photo very short not to let the fade be visible.

This drives me mad. Please tell me I'm just to dumb to see the solution.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
You can load a collection of images ( say 50) then produce that set to a format you wish and to a directory of your choice. Start a new project with another set of images, produce that with the effect/transitions, produce that and so on and so on till your 200 images are done. Then when complete start the final project and import the previously rendered projects into the library. these can be given chapter names if desired with transitions between each chapter.
Or something similar.
This will also take the stress of your computer and the smaller projects you can scrutinize anything you missed
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Thanks, Jim! Well, that's a little what I already wrote and it WOULD be indeed a good and clean solution, if it weren't for that godforsaken fade out at the end of each "chapter".

I mean, if I WANTED to make "chapter fade outs" every 20 or 30 slides this wouldn't matter but I just want a continuous flow.

So there's no way to save your work - either do it as a whole or leave it? This is ridiculous. Imagine you'd have to edit a whole movie in one sitting because you can't save your work and continue the next day.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well the other option (using my method) is when all the Image productions are complete, is to start new project and go straight to created disk module, select ( or create your) template. Then there is a tab to 'add content' go to it and import your individual productions. this creates chapters for each one imported that you can choose to play. This eliminate the fades between the chapters unless you have added them in the projects. By the way when creating the individual segments you can eliminate the fades.

Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2014 11:52

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alessandro de Sica -

A couple of suggestions come to mind that might help stop you "going mad".

1. After you've selected your 200 photos, selected Slideshow > Motion, applied it then begun to customise the motion (let's say you get up to photo #47)... so you click OK > Next > Advanced Editing
- Photos #1 to #47 have been customised and the rest are set at the default motion
When you return to the project, select the slideshow in the timeline & click the Customize button - you'll find the motion for photos 1-47 just as you left them.

2. You can achieve similar results by using Magic Motion (in fact with greater control over duration). Same idea except you're working on one photo at a time. "Apply to All", then modify will save you a lot of time.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - SS_Customize.png]
 Filename
SS_Customize.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2014 15:53

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Woohoo!! So yes, I WAS too dumb to see the solution.
Thank you so very much, that solves my problem completely. And I can save my madness for another time...