Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cinavia
[Post New]
hello,

does anyone know if powerdvd ONLY detects disc based cinavia? i was reading up on cinavia and found it cool. so for the fun of it i copied my cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 bluray which is supposed to have cinavia and made it into a file. given the nature of cinavia, it SHOULD stop playback under powerdvd 14 around 20 minutes.

cinavia is in audio tracks and withstands transcoding/recording etc even over mic and there is no removal solution. only worksarounds.

so i was surprised when powerdvd didn't stop it. why?

edit: hope i haven't broken any rules which is fairly difficult considering the rules mention "any" domestic law. just a friendly conversation about cinavia not talking about cracking drm it's a fairly cool copy protection because it is several inaudible echoes. no metadata or anything.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2014 14:38

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
because Cinavia is mandatory for any BD playback software and Hardware Player shipped after the Sunrise date, PowerDVD 14 has to support Cinavia.

Please also refer to our Spec sheet:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_GB.html

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
cool.