Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"suggestions for the next version"
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
would be useful to create a topic "suggestions for the next version " contributing to the improvement of the product, where everyone can read and participate. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
a lot of people ask, complete makeover DVD menu W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure how much of a makeover will/could be performed, as it might very well make all previous menus un-usable, including D-zone uploads. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I vote for an audio level meter. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
insert in the manual how to install the program in the presence of older versions. indicate whether multiple versions can coexist. how to uninstall the program correctly. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Custom masking

A dedicated Alpha channel

More customisation on transitions

The ability to Save As a video file in the PIP room

A PD PRO VERSION with professional titles, lower thirds, FXs etc etc similar to FCPX

Happy editing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2014 02:06

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Custom masking - A dedicated Alpha channel

I second the motion!
(As in the ability to Import, Recognize, and Export "video", with an Alpha channel transparency generated or retained).

________________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston & CubbyHouseFilms -

Members can see right through you. Your suggestion is completely transparent.

... and I'm right behind it!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Worldwide, I assume there are quite a number of people using PD in quite a professional way. However, I think that group is severely outnumbered by the consumers using this editor.

For a while (a few years) some of the members and beta testers in here have suggested that CL should release a PRO-version. CL doesn’t seem to go in that direction. Instead, we have gotten larger and larger programs where new stuff and modules have been implemented, but most of the older stuff have been kept available. And, PD is “packed” with canned options, which serve the consumer well. In addition, you have the DirectorZone, which also serve the consumer well - in all parts of the world. In short; I can record happenings with the family camera, import it straight in to PD, push a couple of buttons and tabs and in the other end my video or slideshow appears ready made. I click 1 other tab which takes me to the Produce modul, and I choose format for YouTube or dvd. Done.
This is what a busy mom and/or dad appreciate. Quick and easy results. Choices of outputs. Problems arise only when PD “stops working”, crashes etc.etc. With all the different modules/windows, maybe that is something to expect. In any case, that alone must be a challenge for CL.

During the years (releases) the additions to PD have been applied to satisfy the more “intermediate” editors. “99 tracks”,keyframes, chromakey - the 3D-thing (which I read very little about these days), 4k.....? The templates broadend. Yes, PD can be used in a more professional way if you really want to get in to editing on a steeper learning curve, but I doubt CL see that group of editors as their market.
With the new suites, we now have gotten a sort of pro-sumer option. We still have all the canned stuff, but if you are in to a more personal editing, you now have quite a few tools. Somewhere I think there is a line, or a border, if you will. What do you get for what price ? What do you want for what price? What is CL willing to give for what price? Maybe you have been editing for some years and are ready to really dive in to more complicated stuff ? Go to a pro editor? How much must the difference in price be before you do? 30$ ? 50$ ? 100$ ? What is the price a consumer /pro-sumer willing to pay for PD? For a suite? The frequent (yearly?) releases..... if one saves up for 2-3 years, you have the money for a professional editor.

Now, an alpha channel is wanted. Oh yes, an alpha channel is very, very handy - especially if the chromakey doesn’t work very well. Is it very handy for the busy mom and/or dad?
Maybe it will show up in “the cloud” ?
Maybe “the cloud” will give us options we havn’t had before; pay for what you want and need and leave out the rest.
That would be a solution, as I see it at this point, both for the consumer, the intermediate editor and the more professional.

Nina

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 10. 2014 07:33

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Brad53 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2013 13:38 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Motion Tracking. I also own Corel Video Studio Ultimate X6, and it has a remarkable motion tracking feature that not only tracks (multiple) objects, it also changes perspective/size on the Z-axis during the motion and whatever you have attached to the tracking can (user choice) change dimensions with the tracked object (such as CG titling or a *.png graphic shrinking as a tracked object moves further away).
However, there are many things on Corel I don't care for. Thus, PD is my choice. But thought Motion Tracking worth consideration.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Brad53,
you may or may not be aware that the Cyberlink plugin ColorDirector has motion tracking, though I believe it can only track one object at a time. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
CL is aware of all the needs posted here and they can give. They will, albeit, one at a time to keep their cash registers ringing.
It would be imprudent on the part of CL to put all apples in one basket

As 1Nina points out it is time CL moved PD to a more professional level keeping a good balance between the features and cost. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
If I may add some I would like to see in the future, if possible:

• Custom (as in, manually entered) Editing Resolutions and Rendering Resolutions would be nice for specific project limitations (eg. portable media player-specific resolutions)

• Ability to adjust (manually entered, even) the frame rate (120fps, 200fps, 1fps, etc)

• Choice of how to make PowerDirector adjust the frame rate of clips (duplication versus interpolation, etc)

• Ability to adjust the GOP length and the Keyframe Interval (not the Effects or Modifications 'keyframes' that you can set, I mean the I-frame interval in the GOP and the B-frames and P-frames)

• Ability to adjust [standard] H.264/AVC settings (such as Subpixel Motion Estimation, Deblocking, etc)

• Justification setting for the Title Designer (Left, Centre, Right, Block Justified text) - this appears to work for 2D text but not 3D text

• Easy (more obvious) way to disable 'snapping', perhaps holding down a key, when resizing or moving objects

• Numbers for Height/Width/LocationCoords in the PiP Designer (to be able to size things the same and line things up easier)

• Abilty to import MPEG-1 Layer 2 Audio (recording programs use this, it is also the DVD Audio Specification)

• In the Create Disc section, a simple, single layer menu (as in one panel with one video/thumbnail on it) - a choice between using the 'Default' nested menus with chapters and everything - or a simple, one layer menu, would be nice

• Ability to 'Reverse' all Transitions

• Ability to customize Motion of a Text Object, after creating Text Object and altering it's motion in the Title Designer (add more Motion, outside of the Text Designer, in the Main Editing View)

• I had a few more but I forgot them already

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2014 15:15

Teye [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2014 07:07 Messages: 7 Offline
    [Post New]
    More codeces support I.e. Cine form, prores etc.

Cheers,

Tye

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 16:27

bonagege [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    how to facilitate the editing process.
    In order to improve the product would be very useful to increase the shortcut keys. In particular, as in Pinnacle Studio, the keys "A" and "S" allow you to cut and delete respectively on the left and right of the timeline slider, in a single operation. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
    Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17