Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frame Rate 23.976 VS 29.97
[Post New]
Hello Forum Folk,

I produced a clip and ensured the production settings matched the original file's frame width/height, data rate, bit rate and frame rate.

I imported the produced clip into my time line and it gave me the warning re: 23.976 VS 29.97 frame rates.

Need I be concerned?

Please advise. Thank you so much for your help and advice! <3

With respect,

Nitai
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Forum Folk,

I produced a clip and ensured the production settings matched the original file's frame width/height, data rate, bit rate and frame rate.

I imported the produced clip into my time line and it gave me the warning re: 23.976 VS 29.97 frame rates.

Need I be concerned?

Please advise. Thank you so much for your help and advice! <3

With respect,

Nitai

It means that your timeline frame rate in Preferences > General is set to NTSC (30 fps) and drop frame = Yes.

The video was produced at 24 fps.

You can safely ignore that warning.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks, Carl, that's great!

My question is that when I chose custom settings for production, I made sure it was set to 30 fps. Yet it did not end up that way.

You're saying that's okay?

Thanks!

Nitai
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks, Carl, that's great!

My question is that when I chose custom settings for production, I made sure it was set to 30 fps. Yet it did not end up that way.

You're saying that's okay?

Thanks!

Nitai

There are several selections in Produce, you can produce 24 fps, 30 fps or 25 fps (PAL). Be sure you have selected the correct one.

Powerdirector should produce what you tell it to produce.

The Create Disk Module does produce 24 fps for some menus. Even when you have 30 fps videos.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 10:37

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.