Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CLUT - Color Look Up Table - HOW?
[Post New]
Hello Forum!

I was reading the manual for Color Director and saw an option for CLUT - color look up table - that can be applied to video clips on the timeline to make them cohesive in color scheme.

It says I have to choose the option and then select which CLUT I want to use. Well, when I choose browse, it takes me to my own computer. I thought it would be some existing presets, but apparently not. How do I proceed with this? Where do I find these CLUTs?

Please advise, thank you so much.

With respect,

Nitai
[Post New]
Hello Nitai,

I'm not too familiar with the use of CLUTs (also called LUTs or Colour Maps) in ColorDirector, but I'll share what I understand of it. You're right, in a sense. They are like presets that can be applied to photos/videos. They're useful for changing the "look" of your video & matching videos from different cameras.

LUTs come in a variety of formats, but only some are compatible with CDR - 3dl, .mga, .m3d, .cube and .csp

Unless you can make your own (I can't), you'd need to download/purchase them. They're not easy to find! Here are some free ones you can download - http://juanmelara.com.au/print-film-emulation-luts-for-download/ The files are in .cube format, so they're compatible with CDR. They may be of little use to you, but at least that will allow you to progress to the next step.

PIX

[Thumb - PhD5_LUTs.jpg]
 Filename
PhD5_LUTs.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1415 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2014 20:52

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Thank you, PIX, for the helpful information. Okay, at least I know I'm not missing something now. It would be really helpful if the program included something like that. Or, if there was some kind of plug in in PowerDirector/Color Director that allowed you to choose the colour palate from an existing video and have it be applied to other clips. Alas! Until I look more deeply into downloading these, what it takes and what it means, I'll just do the colour adjustment myself. Thanks again, most helpful!