Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video posted on website stopping every couple seconds
Cylindrically [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2014 19:45 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Everyone in this community is most helpful. And I have made great strides from my first days after installing PD12. Now I have produced a couple of videos to post on our website. They are stopping every couple of seconds. At first, I thought it was just a buffering thing from my relatively slow internet connection. But I'm getting reports of this from others. I know next to nothing about the various format options. So I used Intelligent SVRT. Now 'm wondering if I used the wrong format, like maybe it's too large a file??

Here's what I produced it in:
MPEG-4 1920x1080/30p(16Mbps)

It still may be a buffering issue. But if so, is one of the other MPEG-4 options a better choice that would resolve this?

http://www.digender.com/index.php/install-tips/installation-basics/installation-with-swing-arm-arrangement

By the way, the videos run perfectly fine directly from my computer.

Thanks much.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2014 17:11

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
My advice is not to use smart fit or shadow 'files' these tend to cause stutteriing or missed frames especially if your system specs are marginal
Also produce the video at as close to the original format as possible.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Cylindrically [Avatar]
[Post New]
The clips used were all shot with an ipad, thus they were .mov files. I don't know enough to understand what is meant by "shadow files.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
In preference there is a selection to use shadow files -these are files cached by Pd prior to production, and sometimes used to create production at final stage and if your system is border line spec wise then they can cause problems.
If I am correct ipad video aren't shot at full 1920x1080 aspect but rather a smaller aspect which varies for IPad to Ipad and version OS in the Ipad.
generally ipad 1440x720 if a newer Ipad.
Jim
P.S. It should say in the manual for your iPad what aspect it shoots at etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2014 19:13

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Cylindrically [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that.
Let me say that the videos, as I produced them, work perfectly fine, directly on my computer. No problem there with PD in any way. But I continued to do some research on the situation where they are uploaded to one's website. I came across this article that seems to explain it well. The files take up way too much bandwith on your web host's servers. And it only gets worse as more people try to view them at the same time. I sent to friends who were having problems with stalling via the website, links to my videos from a cloud Drop Box rather than accessing from the website. They had no problem whatever viewing them via the cloud.
http://www.wp101.com/blog/tutorials/10-reasons-why-you-should-never-host-your-own-videos/

So I'm now taking that recommendation and imbedding them as YouTube videos rather than uploading them to the website.