Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a menu
newfielander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2012 16:50 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Guys I wanted to create a 1 page menu for my dvd, which will include the name of my dvd and 5 chapter names , is this possible or do I need to have a Root menu and a Title and chapter menu. I can't seem to figure this out, I click on create disc and the first tab is Content, than the next tab is Menu preferences, click that one and than click create Menu, now is there a way to change the word "my videos" this is as far as I can get,very confusing to me.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Guys I wanted to create a 1 page menu for my dvd, which will include the name of my dvd and 5 chapter names , is this possible or do I need to have a Root menu and a Title and chapter menu. I can't seem to figure this out, I click on create disc and the first tab is Content, than the next tab is Menu preferences, click that one and than click create Menu, now is there a way to change the word "my videos" this is as far as I can get,very confusing to me.

You are stuck with a main page and a chapter/title Pages (multiple depending on content).
You can change the "My Video" to what you want.

Main page has Play, Scenes and Subtitles if defined.
The scenes/chapter pages can have up to 14 chapters or Titles on one page, (however that is a fairly rare thing).
ynotfish (Tony) used to have a template on Director Zone.

Cyberlink Powerdirector has been stuck with the same menu configuration for many years, at least since PD 7 that I know of.

Tutorial: PowerDirector - Menu Making
http://youtu.be/rGCM_Vs4O-M

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2014 20:18

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

newfielander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thats to bad, well I can't even seem to be able to change the words"my videos) is there a easy way to explain that?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thats to bad, well I can't even seem to be able to change the words"my videos) is there a easy way to explain that?

Watch the Tutorial video I linked.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi newfielander -

In the tutorial Carl suggested, the word changing bit is right near the end (at ~12:15)

There's also this one that only deals with changing the words in PD's menus - http://youtu.be/VSOEGMSjx6k

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2014 22:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
newfielander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks
MICTAR
Member Location: Paris ( France ) Joined: Oct 03, 2012 13:41 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
Is it possible to create for the scenes buttons playing the video from the title and not from the thumbnail video l
All examples shown from PD12 are with thumbnail video .
I can't find the way to dissociate the thumbnail from the title .
Thank you for your help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2014 12:12

Regards
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MICTAR -

You're right. All the standard menus in PD have thumbnails and the thumbnail is the active (clickable) element.

There have been various discussions in these forums about using menus without thumbnails. Many users would prefer that as an option, & I believe the R&D is considering implementing this in future versions.

One of our senior contributors, Jeff (JL_JL) created a menu without thumbnails some time back. Since then, there have been many variants made... but they all have something in common... the TITLE is the active element.

Here's Jeff's original - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/153239

Note: A few users have reported issues when trying to modify these "KISS" menus, but I've modified hundreds without the same reported problems.

Cheers - Tony

MICTAR
Member Location: Paris ( France ) Joined: Oct 03, 2012 13:41 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Tony for your help .
This menu is convenient for me and It was this one I looking for ( just with titles ) .
Since we are in the menu DVD Thread , I would like to know if it is possible to start the video thumbnail at any point of the video .
In whole Cyberlink menu DVD , the video thumbnail starts always at the beginning of the video of the time line ( 00 ) .

Regards
Michel Regards
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I believe that once you create your videos and have incorporated 'Chapter' makers within the videos you can navigate to the specific scenes. This is my thoughts I have done it once but can't remember the steps (getting old and memory is going).
Now maybe one of the more advanced members can chime in.
The chapter/titles module will create another 'Screen' for this tho' not sure if you would like that. I also think that this method you have to produce videos for each chapter then use 'Create disk' module, got to 'Content' and import these productions with chapters as individual content.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Michel -

Jim's right - even though the default thumbnail will be from the opening scene - you can set it to whatever you want.

There are 2 ways to do it (that I know of):

1. In the Edit workspace > Chapter Room

2. In Create Disc > Menu Preview
This little tutorial shows how - http://youtu.be/nYBTKiUNG98

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Chapter Thumbs.png]
 Filename
Chapter Thumbs.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
601 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2014 14:50

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you Tony for your help .
This menu is convenient for me and It was this one I looking for ( just with titles ) .
Since we are in the menu DVD Thread , I would like to know if it is possible to start the video thumbnail at any point of the video .
In whole Cyberlink menu DVD , the video thumbnail starts always at the beginning of the video of the time line ( 00 ) .

Regards
Michel

Since you say 00, because of that, I assume you mean the DVD menu thumbnail and not the chapter thumbnails. Chapter thumbnails by default start at the chapter beginning, not 00 timeline wise, and can easily changed as noted. The DVD menu thumbnail does always start at 00 and can also be easily changed as follows: (see attached pic)

1) Go to Create Disc
2) Select the Content tab
3) Select play on your Title 1 video
4) When it starts to play, the controls appear in the lower left of the screen, click pause
5) You should see a very little orange flag, that is the default thumbnail frame
6) Play the video or move the slider to your desired location
7) Click the select current frame as title thumbnail icon (6th icon from the left), the orange flag jumps to location

Jeff
[Thumb - JL_menu loop setting.jpg]
 Filename
JL_menu loop setting.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
DVD Menu Thumbnail
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2014 18:27

MICTAR
[Post New]
Hello everybody
Thank you for your fast responses .
Regards
Michel Regards
ynotfish
[Post New]
Quote: There are 2 ways to do it (that I know of)

... plus the one Jeff outlined above which I'll try to remember for next time.

What's that Meatloaf song?

Cheers - Tony
Zamulmekan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Turkey Joined: Mar 16, 2014 18:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Let's say you signed an important invention in the field of academic and wanted to share it to the world. if you do not have a seo (search engine optimization) friendly web hosting package and if you do not know seo applications. The Google will score your website to were ranked lowest. Your academic achievement will fail in shares on your website.