Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I Don't Have Magic Motion On My PowerDirector, Are Other Things Missing?
[Post New]
Hello Awesome Forum,

I see online on the magic wand, there should be Magic Motion included in the list of things when a clip is highlighted. I don't have Magic Motion. I am wondering what other effects and things might be missing from my program that I don't know about. What do you need from me to help?

Thanks!

Nitai
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Awesome Forum,

I see online on the magic wand, there should be Magic Motion included in the list of things when a clip is highlighted.

When a STILL IMAGE (photo) is highlighted. MM doesn't apply to video clips, and won't be available.
[Post New]
I understand that, thank you, that's why I used the term 'clip'. I am not talking about image. I am talking about movie clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2014 02:06

borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Precisely, Magic Motion does not apply to video clips, thus it won't appear. It should be available on stills.

Check out the HELP file for a more thorough explanation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2014 02:28

[Post New]
Oh, I understand what you are saying, my apologies. Thank you. Do you know if there is a way to do a super super fast zoom in/out on a video clip? I mean, super fast and super zoomed. It seems the zoom in effect is rather gradual. Thanks!
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't use the ZOOM effect. Instead, select the clip in the timeline, then click the KEYFRAME button. Then, top-left, click on CLIP ATTRIBUTES.

Move the timeline marker (scrubber) to where zoom will begin, then size the clip by dragging its WHITE handles - in the preview window - at the corners. (The blue handles warp the image.)

Move the scrubber to the end zoom position. Resize the clip. The closer together the keyframes are, the faster the zoom action between them. HELP|INDEX|KEYFRAMES will tell you more.

[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
541 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 05. 2014 14:14

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You can also use Power tools CROP.
With that you can zoom in and out and direct the movement to a specific area of the video.
Note: Borgus1, great choice for the image!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2014 15:45

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good ol' Alf. ^_^

Barry, How do YOU keyframe-crop an image, say from full-frame to zoom in on the left-bottom?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The thread refers to video clips, not images, so I always use Power Crop for that, it gives me dynamic control of WHERE to point my center of the crop.
As for images, Magic Motion. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
You guys are the best! Thank you so much!!!! <3
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nitai -

This tutorial should help you with your FAST zooms - http://youtu.be/T1pvHUK7rNQ

The fastest zoom possible in PD (as far as I can determine) is 00:00:00:05 (5 frames).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thank you very much, Tony! Very helpful!