CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Music Video help
JZProductions03 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 17, 2011 19:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My friends and I are working on a music video for my brother's graduation party. We are doing a cover of the song Forever by Drake so we want the same type of video. In the beginning of the actual music video, Drake is rapping and in the background his whole body shows and then he has just transparent head in the front. I was wondering how I could do that. How can I make one video appear over the other and have it be transparent?
[Post New]
The simple answer is to use a Pic in Pic track (separate video track). Without seeing the actual video you mentioned, I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a link to it?

Elwood
JZProductions03 [Avatar]
[Post New]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDuRoPIOBjE

when drake does his rap part, you can see how one video is transparent over the other so thats what i want to learn how to do.
[Post New]
Hi!
Why the experts keep quiet?
These transparency things can be done. Use two pip tracks and play with two videos. You will get familiar with the keyframes and transparency. The problem here is that the person in the video has something around him that you don't want have on the video. But somebody else will guide you to that.

You will have more answers when you first show that you already tried something yourself. Amd X6 1055T CPU
Radeon HD 5670 GPU
Windows XP
2GB RAM
[Post New]
I think I understand after seeing the youtube video. Easy; line up two video tracks with each other. then go to the properties for each clip and set opacity at 50% for each clip. to bring the two clips in and out of the video use a dissolve fade in fade out. I'm more familiar with Adobe products, but that should help you get started.

Elwood Blues
JZProductions03 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok i tried the technique with changing the opacity and it worked perfectly. its just what i needed. thank you.