CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Linking Power Director 7 with Power Producer 5
Reply to this topic
Angel [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Spain Joined: Jun 19, 2008 14:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've installed Power Director 7. Later I installed Power Producer 5.
During Power Producer 5 installation process Power Director 6.5 Express has been automatically installed in my PC. I haven't had option to choose whether to install it or not.

Power Director 7 works fine. Same happens with Producer 5 and Director 6.5 Express.

When I select Advanced Edition in Power Producer 5, Director 6.5 Express is automatically launched.

Is there a way to link Power Producer's Advanced Edition button with Power Director 7?, and avoid the use of 6.5 Express (with more limited features)

Thanks in advance for your support.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Angel,

You cannot import Power Director 7 .pds files into Power Producer 5.

Cyberlink have been asked on many occasions to make the latest version of Power Director available in Power Producer, instead of always being one version behind, so far, there has been no response.

What I do if I want to use a PD7 file, is to produce, create a file as MPEG2 and save to the desktop, then import the MPEG2 file into Power Producer.

It's not a very satisfactory solution, but at the moment it is the only option available

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2008 18:28

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Angel [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Spain Joined: Jun 19, 2008 14:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks RobertJ. I'll try it.
Bob [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Jun 12, 2008 21:50 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
RobertJ/OZ,
You said...
You cannot import Power Director 7 .pds files into Power Producer 5.

Is this only a PD7 issue?
I can do this with PD6.5...
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob,

It's not an issue with PD7, the problem is with Power Producer 5, as it cannot communicate with PD7, it can only interact with the PD6 series.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Bob [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Jun 12, 2008 21:50 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Inertesting...
Just one of those things you learn as you go...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2008 16:09

Angel [Avatar]
[Post New]
(Deleted by author)

Definetely, Power Director 7 can't be called from Power Director 5, at least for the time being.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2008 15:44

Angel [Avatar]
[Post New]
Suddenly I got 5 stars with just 6 posts.

I'm afraig I got some og the stars that others are missing....
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Angel,

That was a very foolish thing to try, you could have totally crashed PP5 and PD7.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit

PDtoots
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
There goes your stars
Angel [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Angel,

That was a very foolish thing to try, you could have totally crashed PP5 and PD7.

Robert

No risk if you take the right protection. I backep up directories and registry first. I did a system restore point, and returned everything to the situation before. May be I'm not an expert I'm PD and PP (just using for 2-3 weeks), but have an indepth expertise in Windows, and other computer systems fsince many years ago.

Regards
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I think the point Robert was trying to make was, it's fine for you to play with your PC but to post it on this forum can mislead other novice users.

I've seen enough PC issues to know quirky attempts shouldn't be publicised on this forum.

You carry on.... post an accurate work-around that others can follow next time

Dafydd
Angel [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: There goes your stars

You can take all stars if you want. I don't need any. Even more, I'll appreciate if you take the two remaining...

Thanks in advance
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wonder if the stars are related to you or this topic?
On old posts of yours... you still have 5 stars.
Angel [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I think the point Robert was trying to make was, it's fine for you to play with your PC but to post it on this forum can mislead other novice users.

I've seen enough PC issues to know quirky attempts shouldn't be publicised on this forum.

You carry on.... post an accurate work-around that others can follow next time

Dafydd

Since I believe you are right and my post do not offer any solution I have removed it.

I do post usefuls workarounds always I have something to help anybody else.

In the other hand I didn't tried to offer a tricky solution to anybody since I am the author of the initial inquiry. I left very clear that what I tried didn't work.

As well, If CL were able to solve the issue there was no need for me to waste time in tricky tries on my PC.

Is first time in almost 30 years in the software world that I see a company releasing a new version that loose the compatibility that the former version had...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2008 16:00

Reply to this topic