Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube Monetization
[Post New]
Hello!

In the user agreement it says we agree to not use the program for commercial purposes. If I am using Power Director to edit my original music video, does that mean that I cannot apply for YouTube monetization? Is that considered commercial purposes?

Please advise, and thank you kindly!

With Respect,

Nitai
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This has been settled in several other posts, you can do whatever you please with the program, other than copy it (the software)and sell it.
Have at it, good luck.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Thank you, Barry.

I did a search of the topic, and only found one post. The poster mentioned that YouTube was asking for proof of permission for the effects used, and the moderator said they will work on it, but there has been no public resolution. What to do when they ask for official permission?

Thanks again,

Nitai
[Post New]
Hi Nitai,
I remember the EULA mentioned that you can use the bundled content/template to make video.

The commercial using issue should come from codec like MPEG2 or H.264, it's not possible to charge the same royalty fee to us and Warner Brothers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2014 22:57

[Post New]
Thank you, King.

Thanks so much for your input... I understand the first paragraph, but my newbie mind does not understand the second paragraph. I'm not yet savvy enough to understand the meaning behind tech facts nor the innuendo of humour if that's conversely what was intended.

[Post New]
I mean, when professional studio like Hollywood companies, they make DVD, BD or online stuff then other companies who own the codec will charge more royalty fee because Hollywood use the codec to make money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2014 13:18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365